New Nintendo 3DS/2DS XL Savedata/Region

Valkyrie Lenneth

hi, i read online that nintendo 3ds saves the save games to the cartridges and digital games to the sd card,

i also saw that u can transfer it from the cartridge to the sd card however, if i transfer it from cartridge to sd card, can i still play it from the cartridge with the saves on my sd card?

can i choose to save to the sd card instead?

and i bought a 2ds for my gf in brazil, the machine is eu, i read the thing is regionlocked, is there a way to make it region free without hacking the homebrew?

also , if the eu machine is played in brazil can i still gift games to my gf ( itl take a few months till i go there for a while again :c ) my ideas was to give the 2ds to my gf ( eu ) and give her EU nintendo eshop codes while the country on the device is set to my country?

and the last question, can she still play online (pokemon y/sun/ultrasun ect trading n whatnot ) eventhough she is in another region with a eu device?

:)

(◑‿◐)

The 3DS as far as I know is reigion locked so I assume the 2DS is too

If you buy say a North American 3DS you can only play games from NA and so on.You can't get past this without homebrew as far as I know

Nintendo also has a handy tool called the Save Data Transfer tool in the E-Shop so you can check that out

And yes you can still use the save without transferring it back

34 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

and the last question, can she still play online (pokemon y/sun/ultrasun ect trading n whatnot ) eventhough she is in another region with a eu device?

Yes

My life

• 3 weeks later...

As a 3DS and 2DS owner, I'll cover a few things.

As most games are concerned, a 2DS is a 3DS with the 3D turned off.

Transferring Data to a SD card tool is often used for moving Physical game saves to a Digital Game download. This will be a one way trip, the game card save file is wiped. Most Physical games don't look for files on the SD card, unless it's digital copy. (It's funny seeing the "Don't remove game card while saving" message on digital games.) http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73/~/how-to-use-the-save-data-transfer-tool Some games, can save to the SD for various reasons, usually for Streetpass or storing Photos.

I personally know of a few people who have imported 3DS in the UK, and they work fine outside playing the local games . I've even traded Pokémon with them.