Case stand/riser recommendations?

andrewhawkes

I just upgraded to a Phantecks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass from my ancient but solid and reliable CM 690ii.

Anyhow, I had to ditch my old desk as my new case doesn't fit on the shelf. My new desk is pretty basic and the case is just sat on the floor.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a riser or some kind of stand which can raise my case off the floor a little.

I just want to try and reduce the amount of potential dust getting in as it's on a wooden floor.

Thanks!

Bonus photos of build attached.

20171216_171757.jpg

20171216_164122.jpg

Check out ikea shelving

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7 minutes ago, andrewhawkes said:

I just upgraded to a Phantecks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass from my ancient but solid and reliable CM 690ii.

Anyhow, I had to ditch my old desk as my new case doesn't fit on the shelf. My new desk is pretty basic and the case is just sat on the floor.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a riser or some kind of stand which can raise my case off the floor a little.

I just want to try and reduce the amount of potential dust getting in as it's on a wooden floor.

Thanks!

Bonus photos of build attached.

Since it's on a wooden floor it shouldn't be so bad say compared to carpet but a small cabinet or something doesn't hurt, you can always just raise it with something as simple as a couple of 2X4 and plywood. 

I can recommend a small pallets or assortment box (best if top is uneven)

Can't recommend anything higher than 20cm or it will "shake", at least in my cases (old drawer and big box upside down)

or just go to a local home depo and buy standoffs e.g. for flowers

Correct me if i'm wrong, learning is a lifelong mission

I was hoping to just buy something which doesn't look too bad.

Although I could probably just get a nice piece of wood cut somewhere and shove these on it. 

legs.JPG

If anyone is interested. I got some cheap kitchen cabinet feet off Amazon and shoved them on a bit of MDF for now. It's slightly smaller than the case so you don't even see it.

Total cost about £8. A local kitchen shop has offered be some decent solid wood offcuts which I can get in the new year so I may grab some of that an make something less ghetto. 

25674992_10155040902555933_868459189_o.jpg