Need help high temps open loop 6700k

yazerak

So I recently went from 2 seperate loops for the gpu and gpu into a new case the lian li pc o11 and the only way to cleanly design the loop was go res pump gpu cpu rad rad but everyone keeps telling me it shouldn't be an issue however my 6700k continuously hits 80+ on the package and I've never had this with dual 360 rads

I'e re seated the block I've cleaned it and re applied paste and nothing is working any help would be greatly appreciated or is this normal

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz at 1.35volts I've also done 4.6 at 1.33volts and auto volts with no change or worse results 

20171216_043200.jpg

FB_IMG_1513530625429.jpg

FB_IMG_1513530637189.jpg

Seems like a poorly seated cpu block, the block might not be making contact with the package.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Hey friend, 

It could have something to do with the notably poor thermal compound Intel uses between the chip and IHS on the 6700K. I have heard this a couple times now, but am apprehensive to try changing the thermal compound or just delidding. I have the same processor and seem to be having the same issues. 

If your waterblock has imperfections on the surface, you could try lapping it to get better contact between the block and IHS. 

I haven't had the time to do any tinkering yet, so unfortunately I can't offer you any more than that. 

1 hour ago, yazerak said:

I'e reseated the block twice though

Quote or tag to get a response.

not sure what it could be, delid may help.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Seems normal to me. My cpu's do the same. Even when I didn't use that horrid ek slim 360.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

14 hours ago, yazerak said:

I'e reseated the block twice though

Pump speed? the assumption of "order doesn' matter" comes from the assumption that the flow of water is very fast. For example try with pump speed 100% to get a feeling for maximum potential of your loop. assuming you aren' stressing your GPU during these tests you should have gone from 360mm radiator space to 720mm so it should cool better than before