Experience with XFX support

c_marriott

Has anyone else had experience with XFX customer support?

I've wanted to RMA my PSU but they've come back saying that I will have to pay for shipping to Holland, which is fair enough. But I may also have to pay the importing tax if it occurs once it's complete. which can range between 50-100 euros (more than the power supply is worth). On top of that, it could take up to 8 weeks for the RMA to be processed and shipped back. Not going to lie I expected more from the "5-year warranty" than having to pay more than the component is worth to get it fixed.

Anyone else had any bad experience? Want to see if someone else managed to come to a better conclusion 

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

I've only had good experiences with them, granted I've only had to deal with them once.

I had a gpu that was passed the warranty date but decided to give them a call anyways. Told the guy my story and he approved my RMA request right away. Shipping was easy for me since I could use USPS "if it fits this box, you pay x amount" deal. I got a new card within 2 or 3 weeks. No hassle or issues.

It sucks that that is the situation they put you in but I would call them (if you haven't already) again and just explain what your situation is. You might get a better deal.   

6 hours ago, R00t said:

I've only had good experiences with them, granted I've only had to deal with them once.

I had a gpu that was passed the warranty date but decided to give them a call anyways. Told the guy my story and he approved my RMA request right away. Shipping was easy for me since I could use USPS "if it fits this box, you pay x amount" deal. I got a new card within 2 or 3 weeks. No hassle or issues.

It sucks that that is the situation they put you in but I would call them (if you haven't already) again and just explain what your situation is. You might get a better deal.   

I can't call them as they only have a US number, I live in the UK. I created a ticket with which they gave me that response, so I said they it was ridiculous and was there any other option. They responded that was the only one they could give me

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

14 hours ago, c_marriott said:

Has anyone else had experience with XFX customer support?

I've wanted to RMA my PSU but they've come back saying that I will have to pay for shipping to Holland, which is fair enough. But I may also have to pay the importing tax if it occurs once it's complete. which can range between 50-100 euros (more than the power supply is worth). On top of that, it could take up to 8 weeks for the RMA to be processed and shipped back. Not going to lie I expected more from the "5-year warranty" than having to pay more than the component is worth to get it fixed.

Anyone else had any bad experience? Want to see if someone else managed to come to a better conclusion 

XFX should be paying any and all import/duty/tax fees.

You already "paid" any import fees when you bought the PSU brand new. Those import fees were rolled into the retail price.

For them to ask you to pay those fees is absolutely improper.

I would call them back and ask them to make sure they use their own broker account and any fees are "charge to sender". If they refuse, escalate the call and ask to speak to a manager. Make it clear that if you have to pay these fees, you might as well just toss it in the garbage and go buy a competitors product.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

XFX should be paying any and all import/duty/tax fees.

You already "paid" any import fees when you bought the PSU brand new. Those import fees were rolled into the retail price.

For them to ask you to pay those fees is absolutely improper.

I would call them back and ask them to make sure they use their own broker account and any fees are "charge to sender". If they refuse, escalate the call and ask to speak to a manager. Make it clear that if you have to pay these fees, you might as well just toss it in the garbage and go buy a competitors product.

I would call but the cost of calling a number is America would not be worth it. I live in the UK so I had to use their ticket system. Takes a day for each reply, waiting 3 days to find out that I wouldn't be able to get a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, c_marriott said:

I would call but the cost of calling a number is America would not be worth it. I live in the UK so I had to use their ticket system. Takes a day for each reply, waiting 3 days to find out that I wouldn't be able to get a replacement. 

XFX doesn't have a UK number? Well, that alone should indicate that they aren't willing to put money into proper support.

As for calling the American number, not being worth it? I mean... dude... if you end up having to pay $100 import tax, it sure as hell is worth it to spend $5 on a phone call.

Go to your local supermarket and buy one of those international long distance calling cards if you're super cheap.

Otherwise use their ticketing system, demand a manager call you. Tweet at them, shaming them, asking for a manager to call you. Post on their Facebook page, same thing.

Social Media is a powerful tool for resolving support issues.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)