A kinda dumb question

PerfectPlasma
Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,

U shouldnt worry about it too much because it depends on the hard drive controller.

Dont bother as u probably wont notice the difference.

Will I see performance differences between 5400 and 7200 rpm HDDs? I would assume not since they're still mechanical but it's worth asking.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

U shouldnt worry about it too much because it depends on the hard drive controller.

Dont bother as u probably wont notice the difference.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

It's going to really depend on what you're using it for.  No big reason to get a 7200 RPM drive if you're using it for archiving (although I do anyways).  Higher RPM is better for latency but worse for cost.  Here's a decent article on it.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-higher-rpm-hard-drives-rip-you-off/

Uh, just keep in mind the article IS old, so some of the conclusions and statements will need to be taken with a grain of salt.

5400 rpm is sooo slooow, I can't recommend for use as a main drive or eve game storage

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

5400 rpm is sooo slooow, I can't recommend for use as a main drive or eve game storage

Well, no, of course not.  For archiving large files rarely accessed though it's fine.

These days if you can afford it, SSD for main drive, HDD for backup/archiving, videos, etc.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

Well, no, of course not.  For archiving large files rarely accessed though it's fine.

Yeah, but do we know what OP is using them for?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Yeah, but do we know what OP is using them for?

Nope, that's why I stated in my original reply that it's going to depend on what he/she uses them for  :)