Corsair 900D vs Phanteks Enthoo Elite

11 minutes ago, joe98ritter said:

Neither

Mastercase 5, as it has a front mesh for airflow, both of those cases appear to have a mostly closed front intake.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Neither

Mastercase 5, as it has a front mesh for airflow, both of those cases appear to have a mostly closed front intake.

M8, the 900D has a huuuuge basement for the radiators, you don't put them in the front for that style of case.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

M8, the 900D has a huuuuge basement for the radiators, you don't put them in the front for that style of case.

Would the radiators be the intake or would you intake from the top?

Either way both cases seem older? And really overpriced? Fractal Makes some pretty solid stuff for watercooling.

If it were me It'd be a Core X9 though.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Would the radiators be the intake or would you intake from the top?

It's up to the end user but personally I would have it like this

Phanteks

exhaust 480mm rad

cpu

gpu

intake 480mm rad

900D

CPU

GPU

480mm intake/360mm exhaust

(passing in one side out the other)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I have the 900D and there are some great things about it for WC, but some big drawbacks.  It fits my 480mm radiator very nicely across the top and would accommodate another in the bottom compartment.  On the flip side, it required me to drill holes into the aluminum motherboard plate to get the reservoir mounted.  It's not wholly necessary if you want to mount the reservoir near the PCI-e slots or possibly in the bottom compartment, though.

The 5.25" bays in the front are the biggest reason I want a different case.  They take a large amount of space and aren't really removable.  There are some videos on Youtube of people removing them, but they seem to be load-bearing and are riveted in.

The 900D is a case made in 2013 and it shows.  It's very dated in a lot of respects, but still very nice to build in.  Also, the plastic brackets on the back for cable management break immediately.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2017 at 12:08 AM, King Giddra said:

I have the 900D and there are some great things about it for WC, but some big drawbacks.  It fits my 480mm radiator very nicely across the top and would accommodate another in the bottom compartment.  On the flip side, it required me to drill holes into the aluminum motherboard plate to get the reservoir mounted.  It's not wholly necessary if you want to mount the reservoir near the PCI-e slots or possibly in the bottom compartment, though.

The 5.25" bays in the front are the biggest reason I want a different case.  They take a large amount of space and aren't really removable.  There are some videos on Youtube of people removing them, but they seem to be load-bearing and are riveted in.

The 900D is a case made in 2013 and it shows.  It's very dated in a lot of respects, but still very nice to build in.  Also, the plastic brackets on the back for cable management break immediately.

I've had the 900D since release and finally drilled the 5.25" bays out about middle of last year. Best move ever! 

Yes. They do provide some structural support to the motherboard tray which gets a bit floppy if you remove the bay.

With a sheet of light steel and a couple of L-profile's cut to size I created a custom Res mount that joined top, front and motherboard tray back together replacing the structural support of the 5.25 bay but giving a much cleaner look. 

It's a big case and I like it, but I don't think it is in the same league as the Enthoo Elite. - they are in different price brackets completely up here in Sweden. (Elite is about €800 while I think I paid €300 for the 900D) 

A better comparison (price wise) would probably be the Enthoo Primo - which I do like the look of and I may pick one up before they all go out of stock forever.