comcast xb6 any one?

patriciadiaz1919

any one use xb6 gateway from comcast as it only one that you can use for triplay servie with phone jacks?

i had problems with the two modems two ip adress in one home as it goes offline for minutes before rebooting it self as i want only one unit as i work from home and still use my router for wifi ange?

You should proof read your posts a little because I don't understand anything you said. I think you're asking if a comcast modem is worth it? Probably not, buy your own modem and avoid the rental fee.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

You should proof read your posts a little because I don't understand anything you said. I think you're asking if a comcast modem is worth it? Probably not, buy your own modem and avoid the rental fee.

i am blingual Spanish speaking person so that how i hear it as lingual you have millions of millions letter as English and Japanese not the same thing 

Just now, patriciadiaz1919 said:

i am blingual Spanish speaking person so that how i hear it as lingual you have millions of millions letter as English and Japanese not the same thing 

You didn't spell anything wrong, I just can't grasp the meaning of your sentences when they seem to be jumbled up at random. I don't know what to tell you, I'm pretty sure spanish grammar is close enough to english, try going with that instead of Japanese.

2 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

You didn't spell anything wrong, I just can't grasp the meaning of your sentences when they seem to be jumbled up at random. I don't know what to tell you, I'm pretty sure spanish grammar is close enough to english, try going with that instead of Japanese.

i rewrote it does it make sense now

i rewrote it does it make sense now

Yeah that actually makes sense now. I guess I can't really speak to that specific modem but by past experiences with Comcast modem's I'd call them and see if you can use something separate for your TV stuff and buy your own modem for internet. Or try getting rid of TV all together are try out streaming services.

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah that actually makes sense now. I guess I can't really speak to that specific modem but by past experiences with Comcast modem's I'd call them and see if you can use something separate for your TV stuff and buy your own modem for internet. Or try getting rid of TV all together are try out streaming services.

there 8 people who use the internet some times goes 50 percent to 80 percent not sure how much data cap will work if every one stream each day as people here wacth  5 to 8 hours tv or internet on phones or tablets

there 8 people who use the internet some times goes 50 percent to 80 percent not sure how much data cap will work if every one stream each day as people here wacth  5 to 8 hours tv or internet on phones or tablets

Are you in a country where they have data caps?

Are you in a country where they have data caps?

midwest as chicago IL indiana lowa wisconsin 

7 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

midwest as chicago IL indiana lowa wisconsin 

I think it's only a few cities in the US that have a data cap from Comcast. I think it should say in your bill if you have a cap.

I think it's only a few cities in the US that have a data cap from Comcast. I think it should say in your bill if you have a cap.

it does on website i have 2 free pass if i use more if  i do each time i get charge 50 to 200 dollar fee extra

it does on website i have 2 free pass if i use more if  i do each time i get charge 50 to 200 dollar fee extra

Oh shit, well good luck with that my friend. Maybe someone else here has used that modem specifically. 

3 hours ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

any one use xb6 gateway from comcast as it only one that you can use for triplay servie with phone jacks?

i had problems with the two modems two ip adress in one home as it goes offline for minutes before rebooting it self as i want only one unit as i work from home and still use my router for wifi ange?

I have the ARRIS TG1682G (XB3), and it works amazing, it supports Xfinity triple play. That was one of the problems we had when trying to find a modem, so we're still sticking with a rental...

6 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

No dude. Its like most of the Comcast network. UNLESS Google Fiber is in the area. All of Michigan is also Capped. And no it does not say on the bill. The only way to know is the bandwidth monitor on the Comcast website or on their App. I think I heard the North East market is not capped. They are the real lucky bastards. Then they want to charge you $50 on top of what you fucking pay for unlimited data. 

I can tell you my house hold witch is mean and two old people, we use close to 750 Gigs every month. I can only imagine some one with a large family. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

No dude. Its like most of the Comcast network. UNLESS Google Fiber is in the area. All of Michigan is also Capped. And no it does not say on the bill. The only way to know is the bandwidth monitor on the Comcast website or on their App. I think I heard the North East market is not capped. They are the real lucky bastards. Then they want to charge you $50 on top of what you fucking pay for unlimited data. 

I can tell you my house hold witch is mean and two old people, we use close to 750 Gigs every month. I can only imagine some one with a large family. 

Oh really? I guess since I've only lived in VT and MA I've never experienced it. Just checked my account and I indeed do not have a cap, good thing too since I hit 900GB a few months ago