Aborted Media Playback Frequency

1. I am aware this issue only affects chrome users and is not limited to Floatplane.

2. I'm talking about the "Media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem"

3. Floatplane videos are basically unwatchable at this point for me because the crash occurs so frequently on multiple devices. You can see in the screenshot below it's crashed right at the intro only 20 seconds into the video.

4. When this crash occurs (which it almost always does) I have to hit F5 and then manually search through the timeline for where I was in the video as progress isn't retained.

5. This crash can happen up to 5 times (at which point I usually get mad and leave) in a standard up-to 10 minute LTT video. Longer format videos like Scrapyard Wars are actually unwatchable. I can sometimes make it through a FAP (ha) without the error.

6. I've already tried the following trouble shooting methods; re-installation of chrome (no effect, build-62.0.3202.94), clean windows image (on a spare SSD in my desktop, no effect), using my laptop on a different internet connection (no-effect).

7. I understand that there's little you can do to troubleshoot or fix this issue but I've seen it a single time on a different site, never on the vast majority of content I consume and up to 5 times a video on floatplane.

8.  I appreciate the forum is a shorter term solution however unless this is sorted pretty soon I'm going to cancel my floatplane subscription. because the issues are effecting the perceived quality of the content I'm paying for.

Sorry guys, keep up the good work on the new Floatplane! 

BUG.PNG

If it occurs on different devices, I'd say it's a Floatplane account issue. Maybe you haven't paid or something? IDK

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Maybe you haven't paid or something? IDK

I've definitely paid. 

1 minute ago, revilowaldow said:

I've definitely paid. 

Hmmm, I'm not sure then. Sorry :(

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I got to ask, are you using any kind of VPN service while trying to watch a video?

21 hours ago, AJJaxNet said:

I got to ask, are you using any kind of VPN service while trying to watch a video?

I do sometimes use a VPN, however it's almost always turned off normally. I'll only turn it on in specific circumstances such as when I'm working remotely.

On 2.12.2017 at 9:40 PM, revilowaldow said:

8.  I appreciate the forum is a shorter term solution however unless this is sorted pretty soon I'm going to cancel my floatplane subscription. because the issues are effecting the perceived quality of the content I'm paying for.

Just as a workaround: Did you simply try downloading the videos via the downloadbutton or does it also break there when you use the download button without the native option checked?