800-1000 dollar laptop for on the go gaming and school :)

So im looking for a 800- 1000 gaming laptop.  ill be doing school and streaming too.  I really just want a good well built laptop with a nice screen.  Im a stickler for how a product feels in my hands.  I dont want a big loud plastic feeling laptop.  good materials and CS.  Not quite sure aboud brands and where they stand as far as whos on the top slot atm. Seenig how i already have a nice gamming setup just need to play ow, wow and maybe some almost AAA titles.  i was looking at the the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER but im concerned about the feel and quality of the materials.  thanks in advance!  SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! :)

1 minute ago, XboxCarsForza said:

In my opinion,         https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVMJ713?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=14e90df4ce7f11e787f976a70f53cfb20INT        has a really good build quality and the more portable side of gaming laptops and still has decent specs.

Yeah i have always had a place in my heart for lenovo.  but the acer has an additional drive slot better processor and gpu for basically 100 buck more.  but i dont know if i need the better processor and gpu.  i have a 1080 ti in my rig so im just starting to dip my toes in the laptops lol

The Helios 300 is a solid budget option, 1060 much faster than 1050TI. Though you have to do some tweaking (undervolting CPU and GPU) due to the old cooling design (which isn't good to handle the temps of CPU and GPU but still fine)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

32 minutes ago, UnwiseCrown said:

Wait to see Raven Ridge Laptops, should be coming shortly, there's already one model from HP available, though it only ships with single channel memory.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

The Helios 300 is a solid budget option, 1060 much faster than 1050TI. Though you have to do some tweaking (undervolting CPU and GPU) due to the old cooling design (which isn't good to handle the temps of CPU and GPU but still fine)

And thats totally fine with me....but how does it feel?  it looks so big and gamer-ish.And to what caliber of games are we talkin here lol. ike tripple a at 60 or what.  Wont be for a few months just dont know alot about laptops.  my last one was an hp-2000. Still have it and still hate it.

58 minutes ago, UnwiseCrown said:

snip

It's fairly light tbh, solid gaming performance

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128