"24p mode" / Movie mode on monitor?

themoon123

I hate seeing the judder/screen tearing on Netflix when i watch it on my monitor. Is there any way to get rid of the judder?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2060 OC

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero 

Storage: 1TB, 500GB, 250GB SSD's, 1TB SSHD

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

There should be video enhancing options in your graphics driver. For AMD it's Fluid Motion Video, pretty sure Nvidia has something similar.

You would need a display that natively supports and displays at 24hz.  You'd then also need source of video that also supports switching to 24hz for output.  On the Windows Desktop I only know of Kodi supporting switching the desktop refresh rate to match the frame rate of a media file.  Not that i'm sure it's the only one, it's just the only one I know about.  I've never looked to use the function on another piece of software.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

You would need a display that natively supports and displays at 24hz.

An integer multiple would work as well - such as 120 or 144Hz. But it's not practical on a typical 60Hz monitor.

Just now, Sakkura said:

An integer multiple would work as well - such as 120 or 144Hz. But it's not practical on a typical 60Hz monitor.

Oh yeah, that too.  For sure.

It's also critical to know if the display REALLY supports that refresh rate or not.  My PB278Q as an example it ACCEPTS 24hz but it just does it's own 3:2 pulldown to make the signal 60hz, so you're no farther ahead than you were before with your media program doing the pulldown and the desktop running at 60hz.