Highest TDP cooler

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You should still try flipping the top to exhaust to see if that helps.

I'll try both but I can't till Monday. I hope it works. 

4 hours ago, Turretgaming said:

So it is possible for them to all measure and rate the coolers the same but that manufacturers don't want to standardize is why it's so inconsistent

It is possible to give a specific heat dissipation rating for each cooler, but it will rely on the heat source being identical in every situation for a valid comparison.  They know the thermal resistance and capacitance of each cooling solution,  It is worked out every time someone designs a heat sink for any device.  All they need to do is set a standard/reference point so that all coolers can be at least compared to each other with a certain margin of accuracy. 

My guess is the main reason they don't do this is 1. time and money, They don't need to right now as settling on a standard metric for cooling is not as important as interconnects etc.  and 2. with the clusterfuck that is peoples understanding of TDP and how some companies have bastardized the measure into a marketing term, cooler manufacturers are probably hesitant to get too specific lest they end up with bad PR.   It's easier to make one do the best they can and call it the best. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

highest TDP cooler:

LN2

No shit. But I mean for 24/7 running cause ln2 isn't cheap nor used for 24/7

43 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It is possible to give a specific heat dissipation rating for each cooler, but it will rely on the heat source being identical in every situation for a valid comparison.  They know the thermal resistance and capacitance of each cooling solution,  It is worked out every time someone designs a heat sink for any device.  All they need to do is set a standard/reference point so that all coolers can be at least compared to each other with a certain margin of accuracy. 

My guess is the main reason they don't do this is 1. time and money, They don't need to right now as settling on a standard metric for cooling is not as important as interconnects etc.  and 2. with the clusterfuck that is peoples understanding of TDP and how some companies have bastardized the measure into a marketing term, cooler manufacturers are probably hesitant to get too specific lest they end up with bad PR.   It's easier to make one do the best they can and call it the best. 

Well that sucks.

4 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

OK

Phase change cooling

Condensation, noise and boot time.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:38 PM, WoodenMarker said:

You should still try flipping the top to exhaust to see if that helps.

So i got home last night at 1 pm and was up till 4 running tests I haven't slept and I'm loaded up on monster energy. I unplugged my rear fan and temps jumped. I unplugged my top fans and replugged my rear temps dropped. So I left my top intake and exhaust the Same and change my front intake to pull on the radiator and did my side panel mod. Took me so long because all I had was an underpowered drill that was so low on battery and was from the early 2000s. I'm the end I put a noctua industrial 140mm fan as a side exhaust. My 980ti went from down clocking (+240core +440mem over clock that can't be reached)  to under 1000megahertz  at 80°c to hitting full overclock at 75°c. My EVGA SSC 1060 6gig went from 60°c to 65°c with +135core and +300mem. So I have two exhaust fans now and it really helped finally. But yeah I need to sand the side panel and maybe some acrilic sealer to make it pretty and a fan grill but other than that it's working finally. But I still have a core x5 tempered coming in and a NH-D15 for ryzen SE. So when I swap to the new case I'll change my loop to cool the gpus and the CPU on air.