Corsair Lighting Node Pro not working like intended, think I know what the issue is

MGsubbie
Go to solution Solved by MGsubbie,
6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Did you try swapping around the LED strips, might be an issue with the LED itself. 

Turns out it must have been a faulty cable, or maybe I connected it the wrong way. I used a male to male cable from the LNP to the strip, now I used a male to female and it works. Thanks.

I bought a bunch of RGB fans, as well as a Lighting Node Pro. I connected my RGB fans to an LED controller, which is plugged into my LNP. The four LED strips are daisy chained and connected to the LNP too. The issue is that the LED strips do not light up at all, and I can't control the lighting on my fans.

What I think the cause is, is that 2 of the fans are SP RGB and the other 3 are HD RGB. Corsair Link can only control 5 identical fans. I believe that if I were to remove the two SP RGB fan connectors from the LED controller, and plug the HD RGB fans in slots 1-3, that this will resolve the issue. However, I already spent hours today working in my PC, don't want to waste my time with doing this and it not ending up working. Can anyone confirm this, or would there be another issue at hand? I should probably return the SP 120's and just get two HD 120's.

1 minute ago, MGsubbie said:

I bought a bunch of RGB fans, as well as a Lighting Node Pro. I connected my RGB fans to an LED controller, which is plugged into my LNP. The four LED strips are daisy chained and connected to the LNP too. The issue is that the LED strips do not light up at all, and I can't control the lighting on my fans.

What I think the cause is, is that 2 of the fans are SP RGB and the other 3 are HD RGB. Corsair Link can only control 5 identical fans. I believe that if I were to remove the two SP RGB fan connectors from the LED controller, and plug the HD RGB fans in slots 1-3, that this will resolve the issue. However, I already spent hours today working in my PC, don't want to waste my time with doing this and it not ending up working. Can anyone confirm this, or would there be another issue at hand? I should probably return the SP 120's and just get two HD 120's.

That would be correct you need to use the same fans together on a single RGB hub as they use a different control system between the SP and HD series of fans. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

That would be correct you need to use the same fans together on a single RGB hub as they use a different control system between the SP and HD series of fans. 

Is that also the cause of the LED strips not lighting up either? They are connected to port 2 on the NLP, so I'm assuming it does the lighting in order and when one doesn't work, the ones following don't work either?

3 minutes ago, MGsubbie said:

Is that also the cause of the LED strips not lighting up either? They are connected to port 2 on the NLP, so I'm assuming it does the lighting in order and when one doesn't work, the ones following don't work either?

It needs to be configured in the Corsair Link software or not all the LED's will light up along the length. 

lnp_configure.jpg?h=526&la=en-us&w=701

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

It needs to be configured in the Corsair Link software or not all the LED's will light up along the length. 

I have set it up already. Only getting a sort of blue on one HD RGB fan, rainbow color on two others, nothing from LED strips.

link.png

4 minutes ago, MGsubbie said:

I have set it up already. Only getting a sort of blue on one HD RGB fan, rainbow color on two others, nothing from LED strips.

Remove the other fans keep it to one type, the SP or HD series of fans and try with that. Why is a single strip at the front all purple? 

I set the first one that way, then just clicked plus three times. I'm going to turn my PC off now so I can safely move the cables around.

All three of my HD RGB fans now work the way they are supposed to. My LED strips are still not lighting up however.

17 minutes ago, MGsubbie said:

All three of my HD RGB fans now work the way they are supposed to. My LED strips are still not lighting up however.

Did you try swapping around the LED strips, might be an issue with the LED itself. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Turns out it must have been a faulty cable, or maybe I connected it the wrong way. I used a male to male cable from the LNP to the strip, now I used a male to female and it works. Thanks.