Can't access any Steam website from browser, app or desktop client

lobster_zoidberg

I can't access Steam on my computer. I can use the client, download games I already own, receive updates, play multiplayer. But I cannot access any communities, or the steam store, receiving errors about not being connected to the internet. Normally I'd just re-install Steam or something but the exact same thing happens when I try to access any .steampowered.com URL. I then turned on TunnelBear VPN and was able to access Steam in my browser. Obviously the solution to this is to change my I.P address, but I'm with Optus and unplugging your modem will not change your I.P address.
For the record this also happened on my laptop and on the Steam App on my phone, until I changed the network from local to 4G.

So how can I fix this while not being able to change my I.P address?

4 minutes ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

I can't access Steam on my computer. I can use the client, download games I already own, receive updates, play multiplayer and chat. But I cannot access any communities, or the steam store, receiving errors about not being connected to the internet. Normally I'd just re-install Steam or something but the exact same thing happens when I try to access any .steampowered.com URL. I then turned on TunnelBear VPN and was able to access Steam in my browser. Obviously the solution to this is to change my I.P address, but I'm with Optus and unplugging your modem will not change your I.P address.
For the record this also happened on my laptop and on the Steam App on my phone, until I changed the network from local to 4G.

https://steamstat.us/

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

Just now, bomberblyat said:

steam might be down, due to halloween sales

But it's not, and it's been like this all day, and as I said it works from a different I.P Address. 

2 minutes ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

I can't access Steam on my computer. I can use the client, download games I already own, receive updates, play multiplayer and chat. But I cannot access any communities, or the steam store, receiving errors about not being connected to the internet. Normally I'd just re-install Steam or something but the exact same thing happens when I try to access any .steampowered.com URL. I then turned on TunnelBear VPN and was able to access Steam in my browser. Obviously the solution to this is to change my I.P address, but I'm with Optus and unplugging your modem will not change your I.P address.

you better check email attached to steam as likely you have been banned or isp is no longer allowing steam to your modem for whatever reason

curious though if you ping steam site do you get response

Just now, bcguru9384 said:

you better check email attached to steam as likely you have been banned or isp is no longer allowing steam to your modem for whatever reason

curious though if you ping steam site do you get response

Not banned because my account still will login and view steam from any other I.P address. 

Just now, lobster_zoidberg said:

It's up, actually read the post. 

Sorry boss. It could have been down in your area, so the server you are connected to. But go ahead and tell me what to do

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

just try tomorrow and it will work 

1 minute ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

It's up, actually read the post. 

completely unplug router ?

2 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Sorry boss. It could have been down in your area, so the server you are connected to. But go ahead and tell me what to do

EvilCat is correct always when there's sale it lags or completely crashes for someones and steamstatus wont show that, i just recommend you to try tomorrow or later

@lobster_zoidberg

3 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

EvilCat is correct always when there's sale it lags or completely crashes for someones and steamstatus wont show that, i just recommend you to try tomorrow or later

@lobster_zoidberg

you did see that he was not able view website either unless on his cell phone

more with the specific ip his landline system uses

i dont use steam but know theres huge push going to remove cheaters with ai being the banning entity

if ip been banned(is old effective way but causes headaches for the next owner of that ip?)

Call Optus and ask them to assign you a new IP. I do this when I get IPBanned from stuff and it usually works.

idk

20 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

For a start don't waltz straight into the thread, ignore all the details I wrote which tell you it has very little, possibly nothing, to do with Steam itself. Because if you had of read the post you would have known that I could access Steam from another I.P address meaning it's not down even in my local area. 

1 hour ago, bcguru9384 said:

you did see that he was not able view website either unless on his cell phone

more with the specific ip his landline system uses

i dont use steam but know theres huge push going to remove cheaters with ai being the banning entity

if ip been banned(is old effective way but causes headaches for the next owner of that ip?)

Steam doesnt give IP bans.

poo and giggles 

try netsh winsock reset

then reboot

prolly wont help but worth a shot