Smallish (23-25") 1440p and smaller-ish (20-23") 1080p monitors

Rabo

Perfect colors and such aren't a priority for me, so I'm looking for a budget-ish small 1440p 60hz monitor, as well as a smaller 1080p 60hz as a secondary (though this is less important). People keep saying that a 27"+ would be better for 1440p but I am used to using a 21.5" at a large distance and have struggled in the past playing games when sitting closer to large monitors. I've heard good things about the Dell U2515h but might also consider going slightly smaller. I would use this mostly for productivity/work but also for some gaming. Thanks.

- Räbo

14 minutes ago, Rabo said:

Perfect colors and such aren't a priority for me, so I'm looking for a budget-ish small 1440p 60hz monitor, as well as a smaller 1080p 60hz as a secondary (though this is less important). People keep saying that a 27"+ would be better for 1440p but I am used to using a 21.5" at a large distance and have struggled in the past playing games when sitting closer to large monitors. I've heard good things about the Dell U2515h but might also consider going slightly smaller. I would use this mostly for productivity/work but also for some gaming. Thanks.

you have a budget in mind ?

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

I currently own a BenQ BL2420PT 23.8" and love it. You can find those for pretty affordable prices at most places. 

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

I currently own a BenQ BL2420PT 23.8" and love it. You can find those for pretty affordable prices at most places. 

Looks nice but personally I'm not a fan of the big bezels especially considering I would be using it in conjunction with a second monitor.

- Räbo

3 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

you have a budget in mind ?

I can't imagine paying more than the cost of the Dell U2515h ($286 on amazon in the US)

- Räbo

5 minutes ago, Rabo said:

Looks nice but personally I'm not a fan of the big bezels especially considering I would be using it in conjunction with a second monitor.

I think Dell makes some 1440p ultrasharps with nice small bezels in that case. Though they usually cost more. 

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

I think Dell makes some 1440p ultrasharps with nice small bezels in that case. Though they usually cost more. 

Exactly - the U2515h seems to be the most popular choice, but I am interested in finding about alternatives that cost a bit less or are potentially a bit smaller

- Räbo

2 minutes ago, Rabo said:

U2515h

get it. I don't think you'll find anything better. 

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

get it. I don't think you'll find anything better. 

Some people have recommended the Acer G247HYU and ASUS VX24AH. These are slightly smaller (which should be fine) and are significantly cheaper. Is the extra $85 for the u2515h really worth it over these?

- Räbo

9 minutes ago, Rabo said:

Some people have recommended the Acer G247HYU and ASUS VX24AH. These are slightly smaller (which should be fine) and are significantly cheaper. Is the extra $85 for the u2515h really worth it over these?

Those monitors are definitely $85 cheaper quality wise than the Dell, but does that matter? With the Dell you are getting better build construction, an adjustable stand and better screen quality. But if none of those features are going to matter or be noticeable to you when you are actually using the monitor, then you should go for the Acer or Asus. Aka. If the better stand, and better, but not massively better, build and image quality are not priorities, there isn't much reason in spending $85 more for them. Figure out if you care about them and buy accordingly.

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Those monitors are definitely $85 cheaper quality wise than the Dell, but does that matter? With the Dell you are getting better build construction, an adjustable stand and better screen quality. But if none of those features are going to matter or be noticeable to you when you are actually using the monitor, then you should go for the Acer or Asus. Aka. If the better stand, and better, but not massively better, build and image quality are not priorities, there isn't much reason in spending $85 more for them. Figure out if you care about them and buy accordingly.

Thank you sir I appreciate it

- Räbo

1 hour ago, Rabo said:

Exactly - the U2515h seems to be the most popular choice, but I am interested in finding about alternatives that cost a bit less or are potentially a bit smaller

P2416D is a smaller and slightly less expensive option.

25 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

P2416D is a smaller and slightly less expensive option.

U2515H is $286 on Amazon in the US and I can't find the P2416D cheaper on Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, or eBay

- Räbo