Need help choosing a monitor. ASUS VG248QE

Johez

Is this a good monitor? Is flicker free necessary?  Recommend others if this isnt a good monitor

It's a pretty popular 1080p 144 Hz monitor. The value is pretty good, though it doesn't support any sort of adaptive refresh rate. Are you okay with that?

Flicker free depends on the person, some people have serious repercussions from it and some cant notice it at all.

For the same price I would look at the XG2401 which has the best budget TN panel for the price range.

It was good a few years ago, not anymore.

2 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

It's a pretty popular 1080p 144 Hz monitor. The value is pretty good, though it doesn't support any sort of adaptive refresh rate. Are you okay with that?

Ill be getting a PC with Nvidia card and most of the ones ive seen have AMD sync only and the Gsync or more expensive. ive read that you dont need the freesync/ gsync  as high refresh rate.

what about this screen  Samsang CFG70

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Flicker free depends on the person, some people have serious repercussions from it and some cant notice it at all.

For the same price I would look at the XG2401 which has the best budget TN panel for the price range.

It was good a few years ago, not anymore.

hey i just saw this ssamsung one, what do you think.   Samsung  CFG70

4 minutes ago, Johez said:

hey i just saw this ssamsung one, what do you think.   Samsung  CFG70

Its more expensive, and its curved, some poeple like the warping, others do not totally down to personal preference.

Panel wise, its rocking a samsung VA panel, pretty good colors, has more ghosting though.

I would recommend reading this very detailed review on the panel before buying though.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-c24fg70/

35 minutes ago, Johez said:

Is this a good monitor? Is flicker free necessary?  Recommend others if this isnt a good monitor

using a AMD card or Nvidia? asking because i know a good freesync monitor for about the same price

Just now, Dogsparky said:

using a AMD card or Nvidia? asking because i know a good freesync monitor for about the same price

Nvidia

6 minutes ago, Johez said:

Nvidia

oh ok then,gsync is expensive and the gsync variant is almost $700,nevermind then