Least Key Wobble

Jessop

Which Mechanical keyboard in your experience has the least key wobble.?

so far I have a Corsair K70 Vengence - with cherry mx reds  non RGB , Razer blackwidow Chroma - V1 - Khail  green switches and a Corsair K70 Rapidfire - 

I've also used a logitech with romer G switches .

so far - the Corsair K70 with Rapidfire switches seems to be the most stable  - this could be because the stems might have a shorter travel distance but it definitely seems as if the rapidfire switches are more stable than all the rest 

The Razer is a great design but suffers from terrible Key Wobble - .

This might not bother most people but to me it's a deal breaker and no matter how much I love the design - the Key wobble makes this keyboard unusable .

its ok if u just typing BUT - if you're playing a game and need to keep your finger down on a key - W for example for longer than a few seconds and the key wobbles all over the place - it can be irritating and off putting 

I went into my local store a few weeks ago and tried the BW Chroma V2 and unfortunately it suffers from the same key wobble as my V1  - the switches are a bit different - but still have excessive key wobble - 

Try this test - 

Put your finger on a key - press down with slight pressure and rotate your finger in a circular motion and notice if the key bends and follows or if it stays rigid - 

So far not a single reviewer on youtube has done a proper key wobble shootout - 

Would love some high profile youtubers to do a comprehensive key wobble shootout between the most popular mech keyboards - Razer , Corsair , ducky , wasd , Logitech ....

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

17 hours ago, geo3 said:

Kailh speed and Kailh pro switches have the least wobble of all the switches I've tried. New Kailh switches are nothing like the crap they used to make for Razer.

Zealios from R5 or later also have low wobble.

I would still stay away from Kalih.

In my experience, it's Cherry, but their stabilizers are meh.

1 hour ago, UkraineGame said:

I would still stay away from Kalih.

In my experience, it's Cherry, but their stabilizers are meh.

I'm talking about the switches, which are hands down better than Cherry. I'm not aware that Kailh even makes stabilizers. 

I tried a Razer Blackwidow V2 with the " New " Razer green switches in my local store and the key wobble was still there like the earlier 2014 model - 

like i said earlier in my first post - the corsair with the Cherry MX speed ( silver ) switches has the least key wobble o everything I've tried so far 

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

1 hour ago, georgevar59 said:

I tried a Razer Blackwidow V2 with the " New " Razer green switches in my local store and the key wobble was still there like the earlier 2014 model

The new Razer switches are not the new Kailh switches.  You can get switch samples of all different types from novelkeys.xyz for pretty cheep.

1 hour ago, georgevar59 said:

I tried a Razer Blackwidow V2 with the " New " Razer green switches in my local store and the key wobble was still there like the earlier 2014 model - 

like i said earlier in my first post - the corsair with the Cherry MX speed ( silver ) switches has the least key wobble o everything I've tried so far 

Kailh is the manufacturer with the best tolerances at the moment. Razer gives them gimped custom switch designs to shave a couple cents in plastic costs off their boards. Greetech also makes very consistent switches under their own name, but the Razer switches they produce still feel like Razer switches.

My vote goes to the new Kailh switches as well, though post-retool Cherry is close second. Also try out a Varmilo board to find out what zero stabilizer wobble feels like.

2 hours ago, geo3 said:

The new Razer switches are not the new Kailh switches.  You can get switch samples of all different types from novelkeys.xyz for pretty cheep.

You must be daft. Cherry is MUCH better than Kalih.

I bought a new Razer keyboard and a new Corsair. The Razer switches SUCKED. Like, major balls.

The only benefit was the better stabilizers.

Just now, UkraineGame said:

I bought a new Razer keyboard and a new Corsair. The Razer switches SUCKED. Like, major balls.

Are you daft?  The new Kailh switches are not in any Razer board. Read better please.

47 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Are you daft?  The new Kailh switches are not in any Razer board. Read better please.

I've also felt them. They're not nearly as smooth as Cherry. 

3 hours ago, UkraineGame said:

Kailh switches and Razer switches don't feel anything alike, even if many of them are made by the same manufacturer. Razer switches are awful. Old Kailh switches were bad. New Kailh (not Razer) switches are good.

That's like saying Matias quiet clicks are bad because they're assembled by Outemu... completely different switch designs that just happen to be made in the same factory.

3 hours ago, geo3 said:

"Them" what? The new Kailh or whatever is in that Razer board you tried? Again, those are two completely different things.

The new Kalih, I'm pretty positive I've felt them in my local computer store. I like the feeling of Cherry quite a bit more. 

11 hours ago, geo3 said:

I'm aware of that - The new Razer Switches are made by Greetech to the best of my knowledge - 

The BW V2 I tried had the " New " Greetech ) Razer ) green switches -  80 million keystrokes lifespan according to the box 

I tried the V2 in store and the switches  suffered from excessive key wobble as well 

The cherry MX Speed ( silver ) switches on my rapidfire feel more solid with very little key wobble all round 

34 minutes ago, georgevar59 said:

I'm aware of that - The new Razer Switches are made by Greetech to the best of my knowledge - 

The BW V2 I tried had the " New " Greetech ) Razer ) green switches -  80 million keystrokes lifespan according to the box 

I tried the V2 in store and the switches  suffered from excessive key wobble as well 

The cherry MX Speed ( silver ) switches on my rapidfire feel more solid with very little key wobble all round 

Yep. Razer switches suck no matter who's making them because the design is just bad. If Cherry were manufacturing Razer switches they would still be awful. Don't take Razer quality as an indication of what Kailh and Greetech can do when producing their own designs.

although i love Mechanical switches - I seriously wish one company would make a really pro switch with tight tolerances and ZERO key  wobble - 

I'm sure there are enough serious players / users out there that would pay premium prices for VERY PRO Switches 

i know I would gladly pay $500 + for a pro ZERO wobble all metal design  premium keyboard - 

Think corsair K70 RGB but with premium, all Metal ALL mechanical - build  - all media switches mechanical etc... - maybe some real glass included etc : - and PRO led's with true whit colour etc....

16 minutes ago, georgevar59 said:

although i love Mechanical switches - I seriously wish one company would make a really pro switch with tight tolerances and ZERO key  wobble - 

I'm sure there are enough serious players / users out there that would pay premium prices for VERY PRO Switches 

i know I would gladly pay $500 + for a pro ZERO wobble all metal design  premium keyboard - 

Think corsair K70 RGB but with premium, all Metal ALL mechanical - build  - all media switches mechanical etc... - maybe some real glass included etc : - and PRO led's with true whit colour etc....

The problem is that many of the features present in low-end keyboards don't make sense at the high end. Per-key RGB lighting doesn't make sense when it doesn't work with the best keycaps; for that reason the high end is dominated by underglow rather than per-key RGB. Media switches make no sense when most people at high budgets already own a standalone amplifier that does the job better. All metal is a compromise in many ways since some plastic elements in the casing are meant to dampen switch noise and channel lighting. In the end, there is no perfect keyboard; different boards are suited for different people. There are Korean shops willing to charge $500+ to make some very nice custom keyboards if that's the route you want to go.

Kailh is the manufacturer with the least wobble. Look to Input Club and Novelkeys for examples of enthusiasts contracting with Kailh to make custom high-end switches. Unfortunately you can't make a switch better than the best equipment in existence can produce, no matter how much money you throw at the problem.

8 hours ago, UkraineGame said:

The new Kalih, I'm pretty positive I've felt them in my local computer store. I like the feeling of Cherry quite a bit more. 

I'm pretty sure you haven't, very few non custom boards have them, and I'm pretty you can't buy or let alone test them in any shop. Kailh is actually one of the few companies that is "inventing" new switches. New ones can't even be compared to old ones. Cherry has been stuck for quite some time now, and many people prefer other switches over them. I for one completely prefer Gat Reds over Cherry Reds. 

On 10/16/2017 at 9:23 PM, geo3 said:

Kailh speed and Kailh pro switches have the least wobble of all the switches I've tried. New Kailh switches are nothing like the crap they used to make for Razer.

I'm pretty sure Kailh box have even less wooble, out of the new switches. I have tested them but not speed ones. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm pretty sure Kailh box have even less wooble, out of the new switches. I have tested them but not speed ones. 

I've got a 21 switch sample pack of all of their new switches. This one. The box switches really aren't any better than the non box ones in terms of wobble.

On 10/18/2017 at 5:00 AM, Bouzoo said:

I'm pretty sure you haven't, very few non custom boards have them, and I'm pretty you can't buy or let alone test them in any shop. Kailh is actually one of the few companies that is "inventing" new switches. New ones can't even be compared to old ones. Cherry has been stuck for quite some time now, and many people prefer other switches over them. I for one completely prefer Gat Reds over Cherry Reds. 

standalone switch, not in a keyboard.

maybe not them, but I won't trust chinese tolerances over german ones 

I still waiting for one of the main youtube channels to do a key wobble shootout of the top 10 mech keyboards / switches