I want to make the leap to mechanical!

qwertyqwerttt

As the title states it is time i leap forward and grab myself a mechanical keyboard but i want to make sure it's right for me. I currently use the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and i adore it but i am currently on my 3rd one and feel its time for a change. As weird as it sounds i lay down on my bed to game and do work, propped up with a pillow (Broke my leg, was the only way to game got used to it and find it comfy) So it would have to be as close as possible to the profile of the Sidewinder x4 , same goes for the little lip on the bottom i kinda need one the same size as the x4. As for the switch I adore the feel of Cherry MX blues. Sorry for the long post just i want to do it right.

Price £65 ish

TLDR; Want a mechanical keyboard very similar to Microsoft sidewinder X4.

Problem is, for that amount of money, you won't get something Sidewinder X4 ish. Spend a little more and get a Corsair K70, that's the closest comparison I could find. Otherwise go for any CM Storm, Ducky, etc.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I can stretch abit higher if it was worth it. also i have tried the CM quickfire TK ultimate did not find it comfy with the lack of rest at the bottom, and found the keys uncomfortable to use in a lying position. Tried that and the £100 ish razer one neither i found comfortable to use.

I'd get Blue, Brown, Green, or Clear switches.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Any corsair one IMO

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

As the title states it is time i leap forward and grab myself a mechanical keyboard but i want to make sure it's right for me. I currently use the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and i adore it but i am currently on my 3rd one and feel its time for a change. As weird as it sounds i lay down on my bed to game and do work, propped up with a pillow (Broke my leg, was the only way to game got used to it and find it comfy) So it would have to be as close as possible to the profile of the Sidewinder x4 , same goes for the little lip on the bottom i kinda need one the same size as the x4. As for the switch I adore the feel of Cherry MX blues. Sorry for the long post just i want to do it right.

Price £65 ish

TLDR; Want a mechanical keyboard very similar to Microsoft sidewinder X4.

I would go for this if I was you, I've got that keyboard but in MX Reds, I tried my mates blues and MAN I' m jelous

http://www.cclonline.com/product/102211/DK2108-CUKLLA/Keyboards/Ducky-DK2108-Zero-Mechanical-Keyboard-Blue-Cherry-Switch/KBD0573/

If you like blues go for this!

I know it's £5 over budget though xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

At that price, I think your best bet is a CM storm keyboard.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I like the CM storm but i kinda need a solid wrist rest like my Sidewinder x4. 

CM Quickfire Rapid as they are costar boards. (Meaning high quality and equal and rebranded to good keyboard brands such as Filco.)