My new PC!

Gaurav S Rao

Hey guys,after using a 10 yr old pc,I have decided to give up using it and get a new pc,got a new pc on the 28th of last month.The Specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 3 1200

ASUS Prime B350M-A Motherboard

Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini

Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 MHz Ram

Corsair VS450*

Corsair 100R

120 GB Kingston UV400 SSD w/ 1 TB WD Blue

Our family went it and bought everything from a local shop saving around 100$ (around 5k INR)than Amazon.I've never built a AMD system every before,heck i haven't properly built a pc before (means i have rebuilt one old intel based system) me of course being a 11 yr old (never underestimate the power of kids xD ). 

Why I chose the AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (I CHOOSE YOU)

I chose a AMD Ryzen 3 1200 without even caring about coffee lake,since I wanted to build a pc that I can overclock and have support till atleast 2020

Why I chose the Zotac GTX 1050 TI Mini

Well the mini counterpart because it was cheaper,and if i wanted to use it in a small system,well yeah also.

Why I chose the Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 MHz

Well my original choice was Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 MHz,but the shopkeeper pointed out that I can get this ram for only around 3-4$ more (actually 200 INR)

Why I chose the Corsair 100R

I chose the Corsair 100R since it had USB 3.0,any cheaper case wouldn't have USB 3.0 and it looks good to me.

Why I chose 120 GB Kingston UV400 SSD w/ 1 TB WD Blue

The 120 GB Kingston UV400.. I already have it since a year... but 120 GB just wasn't enough,so i bought a 1 TB WD Blue HDD and used this SSD,

*I had never chosen the VS450,i had chosen the CXM450,i got the wrong PSU I guess,and it was too late when i found out it was not the one i asked for..... yeah its fine i won't oc a lot,if i even do it. Idk one somehow oc tuner got enabled and the cpu went to 3.5 GHz and the system was fine,i put it back to its stock clock.I've already asked it if its ok here: 

The system.... did it work..... After me building it for the first time (and when i pressed that power button,so much scariness and was too anxious to know that if it worked or not,you never know...)

This happened:

IMG_20171006_113713.jpg

It was such a big relief that it worked on the first try... its 100% stable! It's working (and thats what I'm typing this from lol)

(BTW i did not install the cpu,the shopkeeper did it since i was sorta scared that i would bend the pins of the CPU since its a AMD cpu (threadripper is an exception to the pins matter)

I'm still using my old peripherals including my old monitor,keyboard and mouse and using my old laptop to send provide internet from the wifi to it via ethernet (the connections are bridged)

How is it according to you?

Thanks

EDIT:Forgot to mention price... it was 597 USD or 40k INR

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

On 10/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, Reece Leu said:

cheap little systems are the best. after working with high end systems i miss my old r7700 + 8320. 

Kinda right....Tho i dont miss my 8400 256MB + Core 2 Duo LOL cuz i still have it . Forgot to mention price... it was 597 USD or 40k INR

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

nice! it's a really good balance of price / performance. this segment of price and class of hardware (ryzen 3/5 and intel core I5) to me is the best in terms of what you get for your money.

She/Her

23 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

nice! it's a really good balance of price / performance. this segment of price and class of hardware (ryzen 3/5 and intel core I5) to me is hte best in terms of what you get for your money.

yeah,when you go higher end you pay more,but you dont get as much more performance for the more you payed

On 10/10/2017 at 4:38 PM, firelighter487 said:

by the way, you have to change your profile picture now xD

Correct xD 

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

yeah,when you go higher end you pay more,but you dont get as much more performance for the more you payed

exactly.

both of my systems (see my signature) have core i5's. and perform really well. i don't see the need for an i7 at all.

She/Her

On 10/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, firelighter487 said:

exactly.

both of my systems (see my signature) have core i5's. and perform really well. i don't see the need for an i7 at all.

same here