water cooling dream build

Jto13

I'm going all out on this build( for no specific reason) just want a over kill good looking water cool build but need help picking out parts for water cooling.....so like rads, fittings, res, coolant, and pumps. Been a while since i have built a water cooled pc.

I want 2 loops one that goes to the cpu and the other for gpus want the colors to be White/ black. But i don't know if there is a such thing as black coolant if not my other option is doing full nickel plated tubing if there is a such thing as black coolant (help me choose) (PETG) 3/8in. X 1/2in OR (PETG) 1/2in. X 5/8in

For the rads i was wondering if these are still good to use(Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm) planning to get x2 480mm, tell me if i dont need 2. If there is a better one out there let me know...

for the 2 pumps/res- Thermaltake Pacific DIY LCS PR22-D5

Heres the build:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  (planning to overclock)

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-DELUXE ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  

Memory: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  

Storage:  - Replacing 

Storage:  - Replacing comment for any recommendations 

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  

Case: Thermaltake - The Tower 900 Snow Edition ATX Full Tower Case-(already have it)
Power Supply: Corsair - 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Getting custom Cables)  White/Black

Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 Pro LED White 75.0 CFM  120mm Fan x8 -for 2 480mm rads 

Case Fan: Corsair - ML140 Pro LED 97.0 CFM  140mm Fan  x2- for top of case

For  gpu water block going with - EK-FC1080 GTX Ti FTW3 - Nickel x2

For Mobo I'm going with ek's monoblock - EK-FB ASUS PRIME X299 Monoblock - Nickel

if that's not m.2 nvme, get m.2 nvme. use ssds for games, not hdds. why dominator platnium when you can tridentz r g b 

where's your ugly ass r g b ????

and watercool your gpus, because why not? 480mm for a CPU only is craz- x299 I see.. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

if that's not m.2 nvme, get m.2 nvme. use ssds for games, not hdds. why dominator platnium when you can tridentz r g b 

where's your ugly ass r g b ????

and watercool your gpus, because why not? 480mm for a CPU only is craz- x299 I see.. 

Rofl go easy :D

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Just now, Thinkfreely said:

Rofl go easy :D

no r g b 

no b u y 

/s

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

no r g b 

no b u y 

/s

Trying to go with out RGB i Already have a RGB Build and i will replace the storage options for sure 

44 minutes ago, Jto13 said:

For the rads i was wondering if these are still good to use(Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm) planning to get x2 480mm, tell me if i dont need 2. If there is a better one out there let me know...

Make sure the monoblock and GPU blocks are copper too, mixing metals is bad.
Also, 2 x 480 would be about the minimum I would use for this setup. That CPU is a furnace and 1080tis aren't cool either

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 hour ago, Moress said:

Make sure the monoblock and GPU blocks are copper too, mixing metals is bad.
Also, 2 x 480 would be about the minimum I would use for this setup. That CPU is a furnace and 1080tis aren't cool either

should i go to 560s? thanks for the tip totally forgot about that :(

12 hours ago, Jto13 said:

should i go to 560s? thanks for the tip totally forgot about that :(

I would say that a 480 would be good enough for the cpu, but a 560 would be good for those GPUs

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

On 9/23/2017 at 8:20 AM, Moress said:

I would say that a 480 would be good enough for the cpu, but a 560 would be good for those GPUs

sounds good do you recommend any rads i should us i'm using nickel-plated electrolytic copper for cpu and gpus from EK

2 hours ago, Jto13 said:

sounds good do you recommend any rads i should us i'm using nickel-plated electrolytic copper for cpu and gpus from EK

Most of your selection looks good for rads Alphacool, hardware labs and EKWB all make good rads for the nickel it's more of using a comaptible biocide or coolant. If you want a black coolant Mayhems makes a pastel black which would fit the needs.

https://mayhems.co.uk/coolants/pastel-coolants/pastel-concentrate-250ml/pure-black-250ml/

Note that since you are using primochill tubing you are going to need to use inch exact hardline fittings. 

On 9/25/2017 at 5:00 PM, W-L said:

Most of your selection looks good for rads Alphacool, hardware labs and EKWB all make good rads for the nickel it's more of using a comaptible biocide or coolant. If you want a black coolant Mayhems makes a pastel black which would fit the needs.

https://mayhems.co.uk/coolants/pastel-coolants/pastel-concentrate-250ml/pure-black-250ml/

Note that since you are using primochill tubing you are going to need to use inch exact hardline fittings. 

With the hardware labs rads will they be compatible with nickel plated copper?

For primochill tubing i'm going to switch it out for different tubing. Probably gonna use either bitspower fittings or thermaltakes fittings so what kinda (PETG) tubing should i get?

Also this is a dumb ? to ask probably, but i live in the US can i still order things from the UK?

2 hours ago, Jto13 said:

With the hardware labs rads will they be compatible with nickel plated copper?

For primochill tubing i'm going to switch it out for different tubing. Probably gonna use either bitspower fittings or thermaltakes fittings so what kinda (PETG) tubing should i get?

Also this is a dumb ? to ask probably, but i live in the US can i still order things from the UK?

Yes nickel copper and brass are all alright in a loop together with a premix or proper biocide. As for fittings Bitspowers is considered so some the best out there so can't go wrong but a bit pricey, tubing as long as it's the correct size for the fittings will work. 

Yeah you can order stuff from UK and import it usually there will be custom fees, just as an option Peformance PC's, modmymods and such are all US based shops that supply watercooling components. 

8 hours ago, W-L said:

Yes nickel copper and brass are all alright in a loop together with a premix or proper biocide. As for fittings Bitspowers is considered so some the best out there so can't go wrong but a bit pricey, tubing as long as it's the correct size for the fittings will work. 

Yeah you can order stuff from UK and import it usually there will be custom fees, just as an option Peformance PC's, modmymods and such are all US based shops that supply watercooling components. 

thanks