In Win Chopin

DotComBubblegum

Hi people of the tech ,

So i have been contemplating this build i want to do for a while now and would like to share it and get some external input on this. 

My situation is as follows, i need an HTPC / Lan party PC, i need something small that i can shove in my (rather large) backpack and something that would look good in the living room. 

Considering that In Win Chopin grabbed my attention for how tiny it is and how nice it looks, however no graphics card support sadly. And and here is where i started to think on how I can hack this case in to something that could fit both situations. As an HTPC it is fine but how do I get a graphics card in there? Well I have a spare EVGA 980Ti and a 750W Coolermaster PSU so I thought if I can get a way to mount this card externally using PCIe riser cable/strip thing and then separately power it either from my PSU or during LAN borrow someones PCIe power cables from their system. Then looking at the case I had these 2 ideas below.

1) The GPU riser cable goes inside the case and through the top mesh part of the case, probably limiting airflow to the CPU. 

2) Riser goes out through the mesh part at the bottom of the mesh part and gpu sits against it. 

Obviously i will need the 750W psu and GPU separately with me when i go to LAN. 

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions is this crazy, is this tech-heresy? 

1.PNG

2.PNG

both should work, with the first (imo) being easier

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

i would go for the 1st option, but with the riser cable underneath the motherboard. if you get a shielded cable you won;t be getting any problems, and the motherboard standoffs should provide ample room for the cable to snake through!

chopin_overview_space_02.png

13 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i would go for the 1st option, but with the riser cable underneath the motherboard. if you get a shielded cable you won;t be getting any problems, and the motherboard standoffs should provide ample room for the cable to snake through!

chopin_overview_space_02.png

UUUU i like that !!