Paracord vs MDPCX cables

TheRedViper

Which sleeving do you think looks better? Ive never had paracord ones so I dont know how it looks. Currently have cablemod modmesh but im ordering custom lenght ones from mod-one, just need to decide paracord or mdpc.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

3 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Which sleeving do you think looks better? Ive never had paracord ones so I dont know how it looks. Currently have cablemod modmesh but im ordering custom lenght ones from mod-one, just need to decide paracord or mdpc.

I believe @CableMod uses paracord for their modflex cables and mdcp for their modmesh, their modmesh has better colors but lacks flexibility (not to say theyre cocompletely un-flexible, just harder than paracord)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

I would say it depends on the color and amount of dust in your case. MDPC is easier to clean than Paracord. I personally like the flexibility and smother look Paracord gives, but it's easier to damage and fray fibers if it gets snagged. Also collects dust a bit better, and just wiping it can sometimes get dust embedded in the fibers.

I use filters, so dust isn't an issue. I like the Paracord personally.

1 hour ago, TheRedViper said:

MDPC-X by miles, It's the best sleeving you can buy(All made in-house by MDPC-X). Paracord is a giant PIA to sleeve with & can be very thin.

Mod-One uses higher quality parts. CableMod are ok  but nothing special. Mod-One also uses burn method unlike crimp method Cablemod uses which sleeving can become unhooked & doesn't give you a proper crimp to the wire.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I believe @CableMod uses paracord for their modflex cables and mdcp for their modmesh, their modmesh has better colors but lacks flexibility (not to say theyre cocompletely un-flexible, just harder than paracord)

They use Paracord(Modflex) & Nylon(Modmesh). Cablemod does not use MDPC-X not even close. There modmesh Sleeving OD is only 2mm with wiring. MDPC-X OD starts at around 4 to 6mm without any wire.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

@TVwazhere we do not use MDPC-X - our ModFlex is 2.7mm (paracord) and ModMesh is 3.1mm (nylon) with our new cables coming soon with increased wire thickness available in both of our current offerings colors.

P1000054.JPG

13 hours ago, CableMod said:

@TVwazhere we do not use MDPC-X - our ModFlex is 2.7mm (paracord) and ModMesh is 3.1mm (nylon) with our new cables coming soon with increased wire thickness available in both of our current offerings colors.

Nice! I knew modflex was paracord but I want sure about modmesh. I'll remember that for next time around! :) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

18 hours ago, CableMod said:

Those so called "New" Cables, You been saying new cables are coming soon since  February of this year. there been no announcement for them as of yet. Might want to change Soon to this year or sometime in 2018. Soon to me is within two weeks or so.

As the previous conversation we had, the Modmesh cables are not 3.1mm, there in the 2mm range.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

@Revan654 better to launch later then expected to make sure everything is perfect, right? :)
Currently everything is ready to go, we just need to update the website which is already in progress, so it should only be around 2 more weeks now is what we are looking at.