This is so IRRITATING!

Ky_GG

Guys for no reason at all my asus motherboard keeps booting into BIOS instead of windows.

This has been occurring for the past week and I managed to boot into windows by pressing F1, somehow I managed, but what can I do now that it is not working anymore?

How is the health of your boot drive?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

You could try updating the bios?  Is the motherboard still under warranty?

I can't update the BIOS cuz it's not booting into windows.

2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Reseat the CMOS?

Tell me how I'mma do it

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

How is the health of your boot drive?

I had this problem a few days back and I did a health check, the drive has no errors or any problems

1 minute ago, zak1016 said:

I had this problem a few days back and I did a health check, the drive has no errors or any problems

hm, bios reset is probably the best option then, it might work.  Just unplug and remove the battery for a bit, or if your motherboard has a dedicated button for it, use that.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

hm, bios reset is probably the best option then, it might work.  Just unplug and remove the battery for a bit, or if your motherboard has a dedicated button for it, use that.

Like are we talking 30 minutes? 

1 minute ago, zak1016 said:

Like are we talking 30 minutes? 

should only take like 10 seconds, but you'll want to also make sure there's no residual power or anything like that.  I've heard things like holding the power button down while it's unplugged, or moving jumpers around, idk, actually never had to do it myself since I have a button.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

should only take like 10 seconds, but you'll want to also make sure there's no residual power or anything like that.  I've heard things like holding the power button down while it's unplugged, or moving jumpers around, idk, actually never had to do it myself since I have a button.

Ok thanx for the tips I'mma try that and report back 

6 hours ago, zak1016 said:

I've sadly been at this for 2 hours and no luck ?

If you go into the settings for your BIOS and look at the boot menu (the drives it will try to boot from by default), what is in there?

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you go into the settings for your BIOS and look at the boot menu (the drives it will try to boot from by default), what is in there?

Ye I've tried to choose my drive from there but it still goes back to the BIOS.

What I see is my drive, UEFI OS and Windows Boot Manager.

20 hours ago, zak1016 said:

Guys for no reason at all my asus motherboard keeps booting into BIOS instead of windows.

This has been occurring for the past week and I managed to boot into windows by pressing F1, somehow I managed, but what can I do now that it is not working anymore?

No failed boot message or anything like that? (for example, a formerly working, now broken overclock could trigger straight-to-bios boot)

Also, no recent physical changes in your computer? (meaning, is there any chance you disconnected the power button and then reconnected in the "direct boot" header or something like that - some Asus boards have this dual header layout).

Or what you are saying is that even after exiting the BIOS the computer doesn't continue its path to Windows, but restarts itself into BIOS again?

2 hours ago, zak1016 said:

put the Windows boot manager as the first option. that should do it. 

She/Her

3 hours ago, zak1016 said:

This:

39 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

put the Windows boot manager as the first option. that should do it. 

I can't imagine why the drive itself wouldn't work, but if there's only 3 options and you're out of ideas, may as well just try them all and see if any of the help.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This:

I can't imagine why the drive itself wouldn't work, but if there's only 3 options and you're out of ideas, may as well just try them all and see if any of the help.

if you select the boot manager, you are forcing it to boot to the uefi boot loader for windows. if you select the drive, it will try to find something to boot from... but it might not see windows for some reason. 

She/Her

Assuming your have a Windows 10 Boot Disk or Flash Drive, use either one of those to boot from. Choose Windows Startup Repair.