Cherry MX blue keyboard $49.99 after MIR

totjup5

This is a great deal on newegg right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I wonder who OEM's rosewill's mechanical keyboards..

I think that Filcos are the OEMs for Rosewill.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I think that Filcos are the OEMs for Rosewill.

Filco isnt an OEM, Costar makes Filco's keyboards, and cooler masters actually.

But this one is ALWAYS $58.

And it's slightly better imo. 

I've heard the build quality on those isn't very good.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I've heard the build quality on those isn't very good.

... -V (my signature). Under the Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard. Links to what I think of it, with pictures of it disassembled.

To summarize all that writing: It's good. Not great, but good. It has a metal plate in the center that makes it very rigid. The switches themselves are sort of "eh". The metal that makes the click noise is flimsy, but overall (99 times out of 100) is fine. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

... -V (my signature). Under the Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard. Links to what I think of it, with pictures of it disassembled.

To summarize all that writing: It's good. Not great, but good. It has a metal plate in the center that makes it very rigid. The switches themselves are sort of "eh". The metal that makes the click noise is flimsy, but overall (99 times out of 100) is fine. 

Then I think that the Rosewill beats it. Both keyboards is very rigid but the Rosewill beats the monoprice in the sound and the switch feel. Both the sound and the switch feel is very nice and satisfying.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I've heard good things about the build quality of Rosewill keyboards.  But, I've also heard terrible horror stories of keyboards coming to life and attacking their owners.

they have a black switch as well.

I'm not sure if the quality of the keyboards warrant a purchase, I'm afraid of the finicky connector.

Best buy as a Cooler Master Brown set for $70 with a mouse included.

I'll add a recommendation for the Qpad Mk-50 as a great budget mech board, I've been using one for well over a year now no issues, it's PS/2 with a USB converter if you need it.

http://www.qpad.com/products/keyboards/MK50/

All Cherry MX Reds in mine but you can select others.