Linking two computers with USB

PcMasterRaceNewborn

So I have two computers which I use frequently. The thing is, I often have to share files between them, whether they are images, documents, videos, music or any other thing. I was thinking of using Synergy, but I am too broke to buy synergy so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get a data transfer cable and connect it to my two computers. I was thinking this might, in the long term, cause some damage or is just a stupid idea. Keep in mind, I will be moving files on a daily basis. Thanks for the help.

By the way, the cable I plan on getting is this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transfer-Cable-ICZI-Keyboard-Windows/dp/B01IVIJKSK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1505154649&sr=8-4&keywords=data+transfer+cable

If it is a bad idea to get this specific cable, but this idea is a good idea in general, could you guys send me a link to the recommended cable?

That's a cable meant to share your mouse and keyboard between 2 computers from what I can tell.

To get what you want all you'd need to do is setup a shared folder, assuming of course they are connected on a LAN.

Just use a network cable

Just now, Zoeff said:

That's a cable meant to share your mouse and keyboard between 2 computers from what I can tell.

To get what you want all you'd need to do is setup a shared folder, assuming of course they are connected on a LAN.

They aren't connected by LAN. But I can try. Regardless, do you have any recommendations for cables?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Just use a network cable

I tried to find some, but Amazon doesn't have any and the ones that they do have don't support windows 10. Also, do network cables generally support file sharing between two different versions of an operating system? one of my pcs has windows 10, whereas the other has windows 7.

3 minutes ago, PcMasterRaceNewborn said:

I tried to find some, but Amazon doesn't have any and the ones that they do have don't support windows 10. Also, do network cables generally support file sharing between two different versions of an operating system? one of my pcs has windows 10, whereas the other has windows 7.

any network cable will be fine, as long as it is Cat5/6 for maximum transfer speed

and yes you can share files and folder between different operating system, transferring over network is much faster than what USB 3.0 is limited at

1 minute ago, Metal_Kitty said:

1 minute ago, Metal_Kitty said:

cool, thanks. iwill be buying this one then :P

3 minutes ago, PcMasterRaceNewborn said:

just to clarify, is it alright if I use it to link a windows 7 computer and windows 10 computer?

shouldn't be problem