Tripods

So I need a tripod for long exposure photography, I don't want to spend more than £30 if I can but am willing to go over if I am going to be getting a good deal.

Here are some that I have found:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-Compact-Action-Aluminium-Tripod/dp/B00K0P022Q/ref=lp_5620161031_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503299982&sr=1-6&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-127cm-Lightweight-Tripod-Bag/dp/B00XI87KV8/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1503299966&sr=1-5&keywords=tripod

Just want some suggestions tbh, through amazon UK please.

the manfrotto you linked seems like a nice option, especially because it has a ball head. Makes adjusting your camera to be level easier for sure.

32 minutes ago, 30op said:

This one is shit.

What's the camera and lens combo you will be mounting, any other accessories like a front slot in filter and holder?  What's their total weight?  Because you need to make sure the tripod you buy supports the weight of all gear and accessories being mounted.

16 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

These two suggestions are absolutely shit.

18 minutes ago, historicalpoultry said:

the manfrotto you linked seems like a nice option, especially because it has a ball head. Makes adjusting your camera to be level easier for sure.

Not all tripod ballheads are made equal, cheaper versions usually are shit.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Would you trust your expensive gear on a £30 cheapo tripod that probably will fall over if there comes some wind? 

If you don't have more to spend I wouldn't buy one at all. Maybe if you buy like a table tripod or so that is 10cm high. But a "proper" tripod for £30? Not gonna happen. Even a gorrillapod cost more

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Don't throw £30 down the drain, I was actually thinking about making a thread on the issue, but didn't obviously. 

Especially for Long exposure photography, the tripod is very important in getting a good image. Case in point: 

Athalassas Avenue Long Exposure

I recently had the chance to retake the above shot, which is the same as an attempt from 2 years ago. Most of the gear used has changed but, the most important change imo was moving from a cheap £30 tripod I had lying around to my 3LT Albert. That is an extreme case of course, a much better result would be attainable spending £100 on a tripod, provided your gear is lightweight enough. 

Here is the earlier shot for comparison: 

IMG_8667.thumb.JPG.f3381472d02d24ebf0430307dafceecd.JPG

I think this speaks for itself. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

22 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

This one is shit.

What's the camera and lens combo you will be mounting, any other accessories like a front slot in filter and holder?  What's their total weight?  Because you need to make sure the tripod you buy supports the weight of all gear and accessories being mounted.

These two suggestions are absolutely shit.

Not all tripod ballheads are made equal, cheaper versions usually are shit.

I have a 100d with the kit lens, Don't judge me! As you can tell by the title of the thread i'm pretty skint.

So What Is The Cheapest Tripod Everyone Would recommend 

Benro iTrip25 aluminum.

That is at least one of the cheapest where I live here in Sweden. Would not buy a cheaper one than that. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Well you are in the UK, so I would look through ebay and gumtree for used options from manfrotto's 055, 290 and 190 lines. I was able to find some legs for about £50 a while back. Then I would look for a cheap ballhead to tie me over in the meantime, assuming you can't get something with a head bundled. Those are some good options if portability is not a huge priority.  Just look search for manfrotto and see what you can get.  You can also do the same with benro and maybe mefoto, although I doubt there is enough of a used market for these in the UK. 

If you need the portability, the cheapest one I'm comfortable recommending that comes to mind is the manfrotto befree (NOT the one though). I have seen some of their funkier colours go for near £100 in the past from manfrotto's own site even.  

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

On 22/08/2017 at 9:11 PM, cc143 said:

Well you are in the UK, so I would look through ebay and gumtree for used options from manfrotto's 055, 290 and 190 lines. I was able to find some legs for about £50 a while back. Then I would look for a cheap ballhead to tie me over in the meantime, assuming you can't get something with a head bundled. Those are some good options if portability is not a huge priority.  Just look search for manfrotto and see what you can get.  You can also do the same with benro and maybe mefoto, although I doubt there is enough of a used market for these in the UK. 

If you need the portability, the cheapest one I'm comfortable recommending that comes to mind is the manfrotto befree (NOT the one though). I have seen some of their funkier colours go for near £100 in the past from manfrotto's own site even.  

I think I will have a look on ebay, my friend has an amazon basics tripod which I saw the other day, I may up the budget due to it feeling very flimsy and am questioning putting my camera on it. (he only has a canon g7x)