Help!

Go to solution Solved by Ruffleduffle,

Downscaling the displayed resolution wont yield much of a reduction in power usage. Allthough fewer pixels need to be calculated every "pixel" is still using the same amount of power.

If you really want better batterylife you are better of opting for a FHD panel, at that distance and size you wont see that much of a distance.

I myself am using a Lenovo Ypga 910 13.9' Laptop with a 1080p screen and it looks really crisp.

I would reccommend you go to a store and try some 4k and HD models yourself and make up your mind if you want mad batterylife or a 4k screen. But if you opt for the 90-something wh battery in the XPS you should get soem decent batterylife even with a 4k screen. It still wont hold up to my Yoga (I get about 8 Hours of Videoplayback) with its 78wh battery.

I am in the market for the Dell XPS 15 for school, but I have an issue. I need the laptop to last me the whole day of school, meaning I need battery life of up to nine hours,  but the 4K model of the Dell XPS that I want cannot reach that; only the full HD model can. I really want the ability to have a 4K display when I want to use it and a touchscreen, but it does not yield good enough battery life. If I run the Dell XPS 4K display at 1080 P resolution, will the battery life increase to the same as the full HD model? 

Downscaling the displayed resolution wont yield much of a reduction in power usage. Allthough fewer pixels need to be calculated every "pixel" is still using the same amount of power.

If you really want better batterylife you are better of opting for a FHD panel, at that distance and size you wont see that much of a distance.

I myself am using a Lenovo Ypga 910 13.9' Laptop with a 1080p screen and it looks really crisp.

I would reccommend you go to a store and try some 4k and HD models yourself and make up your mind if you want mad batterylife or a 4k screen. But if you opt for the 90-something wh battery in the XPS you should get soem decent batterylife even with a 4k screen. It still wont hold up to my Yoga (I get about 8 Hours of Videoplayback) with its 78wh battery.