Do they still make multi rail PSU's?

Evolution90

If so does anyone have a list of which ones do use multiple rails?

They are detrimental considering the power requirements of 12v usage on newer components.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

4 minutes ago, Evolution90 said:

If so does anyone have a list of which ones do use multiple rails?

They are detrimental considering the power requirements of 12v usage on newer components.

I have an old 3 rail 500W supply, and a EVGA 850w G2. Its definitely easier having only one rail, as you don't have to mess around trying to balance the load on the rails, as to get optimal performance out of a multi rail supply, all rails need even loading. 

Don't know if companies still make them.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

-moved to the PSUs section-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Multi rails are important on higher wattage PSUs, it means that is can will limit the maxium power output on each rails, much higher than what should be off those rails, so you should never come into problems. The reason why it is good to have a limit is due to the fact that if something gets shorted out, it cannot just draw 100% of what your PSU can output, so there is less chances of something dying.

5 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Multi rails are important on higher wattage PSUs, it means that is can will limit the maxium power output on each rails, much higher than what should be off those rails, so you should never come into problems. The reason why it is good to have a limit is due to the fact that if something gets shorted out, it cannot just draw 100% of what your PSU can output, so there is less chances of something dying.

Above 1000 watts i assume?

My PSU for example is still single rail whilst being capable of a peak output of 1100watts.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=320&area=en

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

4 minutes ago, Evolution90 said:

Above 1000 watts i assume?

My PSU for example is still single rail whilst being capable of a peak output of 1100watts.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=320&area=en

Higher wattage meaning 650W or higher. It's not essential to have a multi rail, but I reckon it is good to have, they are usually setup so you don't have to work out what cables you have to use and where.