Coolant color ideas

Hey guys, it's time to flush the coolant and I've been entertaining the idea of trying new colors. The cpu monoblock, gpu waterblocks, pump top, and case are all individually rgb lit and individually controlled so the colors cycle.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for a good color that Won't stain the blocks/tubing or ruin any parts. I'm keeping my options open.
Here's a pic of the system and a link to the build log for it:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/471957-build-log-storm-trooper-6700k-viii-hero-dual-gtx-970/

20151215_001148.thumb.jpg.a1c507a55bf3de6c8937eef3f015ae96.jpg

34 minutes ago, kitsune1324 said:

Hey guys, it's time to flush the coolant and I've been entertaining the idea of trying new colors. The cpu monoblock, gpu waterblocks, pump top, and case are all individually rgb lit and individually controlled so the colors cycle.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for a good color that Won't stain the blocks/tubing or ruin any parts. I'm keeping my options open.
Here's a pic of the system and a link to the build log for it:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/471957-build-log-storm-trooper-6700k-viii-hero-dual-gtx-970/

Bit of an aside but how has the Mayhems Aurora 2 faired over time? 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Bit of an aside but how has the Mayhems Aurora 2 faired over time? 

Well, the brilliant red only lasted half a year, I emptied half the system and added new coolant and right now as it stands, the coolant is a extremely dark purple.

The only issue besides the color is it looks like the aurora particles have been gumming up near the output of the monoblock (by the clear plastic piece).

30 minutes ago, kitsune1324 said:

Well, the brilliant red only lasted half a year, I emptied half the system and added new coolant and right now as it stands, the coolant is a extremely dark purple.

The only issue besides the color is it looks like the aurora particles have been gumming up near the output of the monoblock (by the clear plastic piece).

Hmm still a good improvement from the first generation of it, I remember stories about it settling out in a day and having the particles disappearing somewhere in the loop after a few weeks. 

23 minutes ago, W-L said:

Hmm still a good improvement from the first generation of it, I remember stories about it settling out in a day and having the particles disappearing somewhere in the loop after a few weeks. 

Indeed!

If you're having decent performance from aurora I'd use silver aurora since everything is rgb.  If you want to get away from aurora id try something clear or maybe white pastel

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

47 minutes ago, W-L said:

Thankfully it lasted much longer than expected.

22 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Indeed!

If you're having decent performance from aurora I'd use silver aurora since everything is rgb.  If you want to get away from aurora id try something clear or maybe white pastel

I was thinking about a white pastel coolant, but after reading reviews a lot of people were saying i stains your loop. An aurora silver might be cool, I'll see if I can find some videos/pics of it. Have you had any issues with your blue aurora coolant?

7 minutes ago, kitsune1324 said:

I was thinking about a white pastel coolant, but after reading reviews a lot of people were saying i stains your loop. An aurora silver might be cool, I'll see if I can find some videos/pics of it. Have you had any issues with your blue aurora coolant?

oh yeah, the loop from my profile pic failed within a week or two like W-L said.  I've had other loops since then do a little better but it's been hit and miss for me depending on the loop.  I think the best I've gotten was about 4 months but that was a huge loop with some valves and trickery involved.  They're up to v4 now, they removed it from the actual title (no more Aurora 2) it's now just noted on the corner of the bottle.  I've got some grey aurora but I haven't opened it yet, not sure if I want to go down that road again since I don't think it will fair well in the loop I'm building (too many 90's and fittings)

Also, Mick (Mayhems head honcho) said this recently on OCN

We have a new way of making aurora work how ever i need access to some equipment at CPI to try some atom replacing. If we can crack it i think we can make a permanent Aurora with larger flecks. How ever CPI are dragging there heals atm on another project were working with them on.

C'mon V5!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, kitsune1324 said:

I've used white pastel with little trouble, the particles do however loose suspension after about 6-8months I find if you leave the system off for extended periods of time. They do mix back in right after you start the system however and don't disappear like Aurora does. 

As for staining it's really minor compared to colored fluids since they basically start out with white pastel and pigment it. 

10 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

oh yeah, the loop from my profile pic failed within a week or two like W-L said.  I've had other loops since then do a little better but it's been hit and miss for me depending on the loop.  I think the best I've gotten was about 4 months but that was a huge loop with some valves and trickery involved.  They're up to v4 now, they removed it from the actual title (no more Aurora 2) it's now just noted on the corner of the bottle.  I've got some grey aurora but I haven't opened it yet, not sure if I want to go down that road again since I don't think it will fair well in the loop I'm building (too many 90's and fittings)

Also, Mick (Mayhems head honcho) said this recently on OCN

C'mon V5!

Wow, that sucks, it looks so pretty! Good info on finding the version, I'll try and look for v4 if I go with aurora again. Is silver auroroa the aurora concentrate? I don't think it is but that'd be interesting to mix in with other coolants. Unfortunately my time frame does not line up with getting v5, it'll happen for me sometime in the future though.

6 hours ago, W-L said:

I've used white pastel with little trouble, the particles do however loose suspension after about 6-8months I find if you leave the system off for extended periods of time. They do mix back in right after you start the system however and don't disappear like Aurora does. 

As for staining it's really minor compared to colored fluids since they basically start out with white pastel and pigment it. 

When you were using the white pastel were you using soft tubing or hard tubing? What parts of the loop stained? I'm trying to get away from re-doing my piping since it would just be another hassle. 

22 minutes ago, kitsune1324 said:

When you were using the white pastel were you using soft tubing or hard tubing? What parts of the loop stained? I'm trying to get away from re-doing my piping since it would just be another hassle. 

I was using soft tubing, mainly the soft tubing is what stained and aged, I ran it for about 18 months so the coolant started to carry a slight bluish green from what was probably copper oxide in my loop. 

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

I was using soft tubing, mainly the soft tubing is what stained and aged, I ran it for about 18 months so the coolant started to carry a slight bluish green from what was probably copper oxide in my loop. 

I see, in my old build the white coolant turned blue as well.. I guess I can try some and see how I like it. How do you think aurora with a white pastel would look?

12 minutes ago, kitsune1324 said:

I see, in my old build the white coolant turned blue as well.. I guess I can try some and see how I like it. How do you think aurora with a white pastel would look?

Mixed together? I'm not sure if that would work but as a dual loop maybe.

33 minutes ago, W-L said:

Mixed together? I'm not sure if that would work but as a dual loop maybe.

I just looked at a video of an aurora 2 silver (i think it's silver..) coolant and with RGB it looks amazing..

Only question, he is using uv additive, does that affect anything when just using RGB lighting? The more vibrant, the better.

5 hours ago, kitsune1324 said:

I just looked at a video of an aurora 2 silver (i think it's silver..) coolant and with RGB it looks amazing..

Only question, he is using uv additive, does that affect anything when just using RGB lighting? The more vibrant, the better.

Not really unless he is using UV lighting in the system which will make the fluid glow, however for UV effects it's best when the inside of the case is dark. 

12 hours ago, kitsune1324 said:

Wow, that sucks, it looks so pretty! Good info on finding the version, I'll try and look for v4 if I go with aurora again. Is silver auroroa the aurora concentrate? I don't think it is but that'd be interesting to mix in with other coolants. Unfortunately my time frame does not line up with getting v5, it'll happen for me sometime in the future though.

They have silver in concentrate and premix. I wouldn't mix it with any other coolants though, dyes would be fine though. 

9 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

They have silver in concentrate and premix. I wouldn't mix it with any other coolants though, dyes would be fine though. 

Good to know. Unfortunately it looks like the only silver I can get is the v2 mix..Any ideas where I can find newer formula's?

8 hours ago, kitsune1324 said:

Good to know. Unfortunately it looks like the only silver I can get is the v2 mix..Any ideas where I can find newer formula's?

The premix I got from performance-pcs.com a few months ago is v4, you should be able to email or call them and ask to make sure you'll receive V4.  Otherwise you can order straight from Mayhems.co.uk and surely they would have the newest ones available.  I've looked at shipping a few times and it's always really close in total price to ppcs.