Worth putting liquid metal TIM on GPU

Lord Nicoll
5 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

That's good to know as well. I was also thinking about it for my 1700X and EK nickel monoblock. Thanks for all the info!  Did you do anything specific to prevent against getting it on the little components near the dies themselves? I keep seeing people talk about nail polish.

I used some nail polish to protect the tiny caps around the GPU core on the GTX 980, but my i7 7700K didn't have any capacitors nearby that needed to be protected. Do watch out for dust and hairs, there was a couple need the GPU die and ended up in the metal, and was a tiny pain to remove, although idk if you'd need to. 

22015210_1667429849942262_457214399_o.jpg

Yours faithfully

11 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I used some nail polish to protect the tiny caps around the GPU core on the GTX 980, but my i7 7700K didn't have any capacitors nearby that needed to be protected. Do watch out for dust and hairs, there was a couple need the GPU die and ended up in the metal, and was a tiny pain to remove, although idk if you'd need to. 

Thanks again! Ill keep that in mind! :D 

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med