Use Android Phone as a USB Adapter For MicroSD?

Go to solution Solved by Tom is a Door,

Alright tried everything, unless new app is developed in the play store, it is impossible to do so

I don't have a microsd to usb adapter or some sort of SD adapter to USB adapter. I am dirt poor and no money to buy one right now. So I was wondering if I could use an Android phone that is on lolipop to act as an adapter that I can plug into a windows based pc? I also have a linux machine/ running elementary os, instructions on how to do it will be greatly appreciated. 

Every Android phone handles this differently but normally it is in the folder above the main user accessible folder or in the root directory. Be careful, the main phone storage is often called /sdcard which can be confusing.

2 minutes ago, mail929 said:

Every Android phone handles this differently but normally it is in the folder above the main user accessible folder or in the root directory. Be careful, the main phone storage is often called /sdcard which can be confusing.

I don't want to explore the files as if the microsd card is being treated as a partition by the phone. Simply as an adapter 

Just now, Tom is a Door said:

I don't want to explore the files as if the microsd card is being treated as a partition by the phone. Simply as an adapter 

I don't think you can make it appear as a separate partition but normally you can access the SD card from within the main phone storage from the computer.

>I am dirt poor

>Can I use an android phone to plug into my PC?

Sorry that just kinda stuck out to me xD 

Capture.PNG.848f092cc361e4d139138f2b8597ab63.PNG

As in, you literally have only dirt to your name

But to answer the question, yes that should be easily doable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

>I am dirt poor

>Can I use an android phone to plug into my PC?

Sorry that just kinda stuck out to me xD 

Capture.PNG.848f092cc361e4d139138f2b8597ab63.PNG

As in, you literally have only dirt to your name

But to answer the question, yes that should be easily doable.

haha, yea I may have exaggerated a bit, I did it cause whenever I ask this community for some type of work around people just tell me to buy the actual thing. Either way not far from truth, rocking a phone w/ 512 mb ram and a low budget pc

8 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Just plug phone in as MTP with the sdcard in the slot.

Phones will never wire the sdcard as direct passthrough to the charging port because its a massive breach in security that can put the manufacturer out of business.

Like imagine anyone hooking up your phone to their PC can access the sdcard contents without restriction?

damn I am trying to run win 32 disk imager and it won't let me, so there aren't anyway?

Alright tried everything, unless new app is developed in the play store, it is impossible to do so