HunterSkater429

what are audiophile headphones that dont break the bank. closed ear 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

1 minute ago, HunterSkater429 said:

what are audiophile headphones that dont break the bank 

Sennheiser HD6XX

30 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Check out the "recommended gear" pinned thread at the top of this forum.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

25 minutes ago, elira said:

Sennheiser HD6XX

those are open not closed like op wants them

sadly - (currently on massdrop though for 200$ which is a steal)

@op:

have a look at Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro  (or Pro Plus)

~160€/$

you should specifiy your budget though.

Don't break the bank might vary to different people, for me $100-150 doesn't break the bank sooo you get the idea. However, it's recommended to check out the pinned thread: 

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

5 hours ago, HunterSkater429 said:

A good entry point for me were the AT m40x - they are usually under $100, fairly comfortable, look pretty good and don't really need an amp which is nice as well. They have well defined highs with lows that are present but much more controlled compared to a lot of other headphones. The really balanced sound is a good place to start so you can determine if you like more/less bass/treble when you inevitably invest another set of heasphones. Another thing I would note is that if you are listening from a basic laptop/desktop that doesn't have a sound card or dedicated audio in the mother board I would suggest investing in a DAC - even an entry level DAC made a huge difference to me when listening on my Lenovo Yoga - more sound stage, better detail, and things of that nature

Another good option is the Status Audio CB-1 if you can find them. Not the best build but they sound good and they are easy to power.

16 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

@op:

have a look at Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro  (or Pro Plus)

~160€/$

you should specifiy your budget though.

If OP is not familiar with quality audio devices yet, I think this is a very nice choice. It is also my entry device into audio world.

The beyer custom studio is probably a better option than DT770 especially since you don't know what kind of sound signature that you actually like

On 7/17/2017 at 0:57 AM, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

I didn't notice that. I don't have much experience with closed headphones, buy I've a pair of GermanMAESTRO and are pretty good. Those sometimes appear in Masdrop, I would not pay full price for them.