Mini ITX case.

rony59turbo

I've been looking around everywhere and i can't find a small mini ITX case that works with an aftermarket cooler (hyper 212 evo). Anyone know a good small case. I know i can get a case that supports micro ATX and then put mini ITX in but i want the smallest case possible and don't want wasted space.

Hey I have an idea for you! Let's not use an aftermarket cooler! Saved cash and hardly any difference in temperatures.

Not if i bought the PC second hand with the cooler in there and if I'm overclocking.

ITX case's come in many sizes, from VERY small to just a bit smaller than a normal ATX case

They hyper 212 evo is designed for an ATX case, if you want a custom CPU cooler for an ITX case there are many options that are very much smaller than the hyper 212.

Example: Noctua NH-L9i, Extremely low profile, ok cooling(definitely not for heavy overclocking)

See example below, Extremely small form factor itx with NH-L9i, currently running at 4.4Ghz and quite cool.

IMG_20170207_200823.thumb.jpg.9ad45302bbbb30a0e106c5f1c213ba12.jpg

IMG_20170207_200349.thumb.jpg.62f5dcec204d1ebec4f4a2c2e9405062.jpg

fractal design node 304 isn't too big and it can fit hyper 212 evo

On 7/2/2017 at 11:16 PM, rony59turbo said:

I've been looking around everywhere and i can't find a small mini ITX case that works with an aftermarket cooler (hyper 212 evo). Anyone know a good small case. I know i can get a case that supports micro ATX and then put mini ITX in but i want the smallest case possible and don't want wasted space.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX/ mATX. Either are awesome!

21 hours ago, verytiny said:

fractal design node 304 isn't too big and it can fit hyper 212 evo

I have this case too, and it fits anything all the way up to a Noctua NH-D15, which is huge, so a 212 EVO would be fine... But, it is not a great case for GPU temps. The airflow isn't great, and it's not the quietest case either. I'm moving to a mATX/ ATX case with my ITX system, to achieve better thermals and acoustics, as the Node 304 just doesn't fit the bill anymore. 

Also the 212 EVO... It's okay, but anything(!) Noctua is better, even if it's more expensive (and has the worlds worst looking fans!).

Look at top flow/low profile coolers, the 212 evo isn't particularly thick (i.e. Fin stack is thin and it's not a dual fan or stack solution) so a bunch of top flow or lp style coolers can match or at the very least come close to the 212's performance.

if you don't like Noctua colouring I'd suggest looking at Bequiet! I see barely anyone ever talk about them but they make some really good stuff. 

For a case perhaps look at the Corsair 250D? I've been building in one recently and it's very compact but can fit full size psu's, gpu's etc with very little wasted space. The official site says a max cooler height of 92mm but i'm pretty sure there's more space than that. I can measure it tomorrow if you're interested?

For a tower cooler (~160 mm height), mITX, relatively small, you're looking at the Jonsbo U2 (rebranded by Cooltek and maybe Rosewell under Legacy line, I forget), Lian-Li PC-Q33 and PC-Q34, Antec ISK600, Fractal Design Node 304 and Core 500. Those are under 20L volume. Some more popular cases like the Corsair Obsidian 250D, Fractal Design Nano S, the old Bitfenix Prodigy, etc. are a lot larger.

The Jonsbo and Lian-Li cases have limited graphics card lengths. The Antec and Fractal Design cases are shoebox designs, so low height but deep. Personally I think height is the least important dimension, so lower width and depth (smaller footprint) are a bigger deal, and so I use a PC-Q33 for my main system.