Exp gdc egpu error 12 (not enough resources) pls help

Hello everyone, 

I had recently purchased an exp gdc beast v8.0 . I have had no luck being able to use my egpu. I was able to get my egpu to detect by hotplugging it but now I'm getting the error 12 (not enough resources). Can anyone please help me with this. I am financially not able to get a new gaming laptop or build my own pc to game on. I have gone through the DSDT override method but it goes way above my head and I'm not financially able to purchase nando's setup 1.3 . My laptop is a gigabyte p15f v2 and I'm trying to put in a gtx 1050 in it via exp gdc any help will be extremely appreciated 

Thanks for reading

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue on an HP Elitebook 8460p.

In addition my HP Elitebook 2740p wont even post (yes I flipped the switch). I'm looking for solutions to both issues. I'll try to re-post if I find anything.

The GPU I was using is a Radeon HD 7870

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 10:24 AM, MajorArchitect said:

I am having the same issue on an HP Elitebook 8460p.

In addition my HP Elitebook 2740p wont even post (yes I flipped the switch). I'm looking for solutions to both issues. I'll try to re-post if I find anything.

The GPU I was using is a Radeon HD 7870

It could be:

1. Updated BIOS

2. two sticks of ram

3. RAM exceeding 8GB (or 6GB)

4. PCIE lanes that is supported by processor.

(Most likely)

After all, you're expecting a lot out of a mobile device built for every day use and daily tasks that are light weight and not for video rendering or gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go through the DSTD Override method correctly, you should be able to do it. I have an HP EliteBook 8470p and I managed to get the EXP GDC through expresscard to work.