Hyper 212 Evo TDP

Kev64

What´s the TDP of the Hyper 212 Evo? Cooler Master doesn´t list it on their site

180watts

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3,95Ghz | Fractal Desing Celsius S24 | Asus Prime X370 Pro | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 @3200Mhz | Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition | Fractal Desing XL R2 |

1 hour ago, MaalaisPoika said:

180watts

I doubt it is actually rated for that much and even if it was I wouldn't believe it.  

It's a similar cooler to my H7 and that's rated for 140W I believe.  

A tower air cooler like the 212 EVO isn't going to be suited for 180W or close to it without being larger than the EVO is.  

For comparison look at Cryorig's options and you'll see the higher TDP models are on the larger side.  

(Used for example since Cryorig actually bothers to list detailed specs like rated TDP on their site.)

http://www.cryorig.com/product.php

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I doubt it is actually rated for that much and even if it was I wouldn't believe it.  

It's a similar cooler to my H7 and that's rated for 140W I believe.  

A tower air cooler like the 212 EVO isn't going to be suited for 180W or close to it without being larger than the EVO is.  

For comparison look at Cryorig's options and you'll see the higher TDP models are on the larger side.  

(Used for example since Cryorig actually bothers to list detailed specs like rated TDP on their site.)

http://www.cryorig.com/product.php

this is what newegg product sheet and tomshardware forum tells, and overclockers forums says it is bit over 200w, so what are we going to believe.. :$

and the cryorig H7 has only three heatpipes and CM 212 evo has 4..

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3,95Ghz | Fractal Desing Celsius S24 | Asus Prime X370 Pro | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 @3200Mhz | Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition | Fractal Desing XL R2 |

7 hours ago, MaalaisPoika said:

this is what newegg product sheet and tomshardware forum tells, and overclockers forums says it is bit over 200w, so what are we going to believe.. :$

and the cryorig H7 has only three heatpipes and CM 212 evo has 4..

Common sense tell me that if it takes giant tower coolers like a Cryorig R1 to have higher TDP cooling ability that saying a 212 EVO is suited for 180W is being far too optimistic.  

Also two things:

1. I assume the number of heatpipes isn't the only thing affecting cooling ability.

2. There's an improved version of the H7 that just was released that does have 4 heatpipes and ups the TDP rating to 160W.  

I'm not saying the 212 EVO isn't worth using for those that want to but I am saying I don't believe it can handle a TDP of 180W.  

Not to mention that everything Cryorig makes is so pretty.  ?

You shouldn't look at TDP when shopping a cooler. Manufacturers rating are recommendations at best. You get better results by comparing different coolers, even user results since reviews are often done with CPUs. For example H7 performs bit better than 212.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv