Three Monitors One Laptop

Hello,

So I have a laptop with an nVidia 1060, great laptop but I would use an external monitor connected via HDMI. Today I decided to buy two more of the same exact monitor and since they only connect with HDMI or VGA, I obviously went with HDMI. I then got two converters so that I could plug the other two monitor's HDMI cables into my laptop's mini Display Port and the other via USB C. This is great and it works but I have one issue. My laptop screen runs off of the Intel integrated graphics and is not recognized by my nVidia 1060 but will run games off the GPU. Now when I had one external monitor it would run off the GPU. However, now I added the other two monitors and the HDMI and Mini Display Port ones are running off the GPU while the one connected via USB C says it is running off of the Intel graphics, this then prevents me from using nVidia's Span displays with surround option so that I can play across all three monitors. I guess my question is this: is there a way to change my monitor connected via USB C to run off my nVidia 1060 and not my Intel Integrated graphics? or is this a hardwired issue like I found out with my laptop's screen, which I found I couldn't switch to run off the GPU because it was hardwired that way... so maybe the USB C is the same way? If so is there a way I can run my third monitor off the 1060, I only have HDMI, mini display port, USB C, and two USB 3.0 port options.

9 minutes ago, Jkohl613 said:

Hello,

So I have a laptop with an nVidia 1060, great laptop but I would use an external monitor connected via HDMI. Today I decided to buy two more of the same exact monitor and since they only connect with HDMI or VGA, I obviously went with HDMI. I then got two converters so that I could plug the other two monitor's HDMI cables into my laptop's mini Display Port and the other via USB C. This is great and it works but I have one issue. My laptop screen runs off of the Intel integrated graphics and is not recognized by my nVidia 1060 but will run games off the GPU. Now when I had one external monitor it would run off the GPU. However, now I added the other two monitors and the HDMI and Mini Display Port ones are running off the GPU while the one connected via USB C says it is running off of the Intel graphics, this then prevents me from using nVidia's Span displays with surround option so that I can play across all three monitors. I guess my question is this: is there a way to change my monitor connected via USB C to run off my nVidia 1060 and not my Intel Integrated graphics? or is this a hardwired issue like I found out with my laptop's screen, which I found I couldn't switch to run off the GPU because it was hardwired that way... so maybe the USB C is the same way? If so is there a way I can run my third monitor off the 1060, I only have HDMI, mini display port, USB C, and two USB 3.0 port options.

Ok, try using your minidisplayport w/ a dongle.

they are expensive, but it should solve your issue

I have no idea about your USB C issue though

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

Just now, TrevMCC38 said:

Ok, try using your minidisplayport w/ a dongle.

they are expensive, but it should solve your issue

I have no idea about your USB C issue though

That port is taken up by monitor number 2, unless there is a different dongle that would be mini display port to two female HDMI

3 minutes ago, Jkohl613 said:

That port is taken up by monitor number 2, unless there is a different dongle that would be mini display port to two female HDMI

Like I said, not cheap, but you could run all 3 monitors off the same port.

DongleLyfeHere

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

38 minutes ago, TrevMCC38 said:

Like I said, not cheap, but you could run all 3 monitors off the same port.

DongleLyfeHere

I'm not even finding anything like that with the mini displayport or hdmi