RAM usage problem

So my computer has had an issue for a while where ram usage slowly builds up to 100% regardless of if it is even doing anything or not. It builds up and then crashes programs and renders the computer unusable. Ive monitored and searched for programs using high amounts of ram but nothing in the processes seem to be the cause. I've done all kinds of scans for malware. Originally it was a slow not very problematic issue, it would take a very long time to fill all 16GB of my ram to the point there wasn't enough left for my programs but now it happens in about 25 minutes. I suspect if I just re-installed windows 10 it would go away but I would rather try to fix it first before I go through the hassle.

System specs: 4770k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR3 2133 Ram,GTX980ti gpu, WIN10 on samsung 840 256GB drive, a WD black 2tb HDD, a 3TB seagate barracuda HDD and a creative labs Sound Blaster Recon 3D pci-e sound card.

This System is going on 4 years old and I keep it turned on most of the time. I don't know if this is maybe a hardware problem where the memory controller is going bad or anything like that. If anyone has any suggestions or experience like this, I'd like to know.

13 minutes ago, Leivel2 said:

So my computer has had an issue for a while where ram usage slowly builds up to 100% regardless of if it is even doing anything or not. It builds up and then crashes programs and renders the computer unusable. Ive monitored and searched for programs using high amounts of ram but nothing in the processes seem to be the cause. I've done all kinds of scans for malware. Originally it was a slow not very problematic issue, it would take a very long time to fill all 16GB of my ram to the point there wasn't enough left for my programs but now it happens in about 25 minutes. I suspect if I just re-installed windows 10 it would go away but I would rather try to fix it first before I go through the hassle.

System specs: 4770k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR3 2133 Ram,GTX980ti gpu, WIN10 on samsung 840 256GB drive, a WD black 2tb HDD, a 3TB seagate barracuda HDD and a creative labs Sound Blaster Recon 3D pci-e sound card.

This System is going on 4 years old and I keep it turned on most of the time. I don't know if this is maybe a hardware problem where the memory controller is going bad or anything like that. If anyone has any suggestions or experience like this, I'd like to know.

When you notice your RAM usage nearing 100%, can you take a screen shot of Task Manager in the Memory section of the Performance tab?

My guess is you have a leaky driver, but I need to see what that shows to be sure.