dual usb monitor

sammy381

I want to connect two usb 3.0 monitors to my desktop and have an extended display through my graphics card (1060 6gb). How can I go about doing this? I'm doing a small form factor build that is meant to be portable and I want to use usb monitors because they're easy to use and set up.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpJnVY - the build

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XFJKGI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ICV5O7BV2GKOI&colid=24H3XFWXZT8UN - the monitor

why do you want tp do this with USB monitors tho? do you already have them?

but as for having it work.. as long as the primary display is hooked into the GPU, there shouldnt be issues.

@manikyath In regards to your first question, I'm doing a small form factor build that is meant to be portable and I want to take two monitors with me when I go.

The idea is to only use usb monitors. Would I connect one to the gpu and the other to the motherboard? 

7 minutes ago, sammy381 said:

Would I connect one to the gpu and the other to the motherboard? 

the product information says:

It needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power to deliver up to a Full HD resolution.

it seems this thing is not meant to be plugged into a GPU at all ... only usb

you don't transfer a "video signal" over usb ... that's not how usb works ... 

these "USB monitors" or "USB to HDMI/DVI" adaptors connect a weak AF GPU over usb to generate the video signal 

that means they can not benefit from your GTX 1060

what you would need is a monitor that has USB for power along with HDMI video input

So given that it is only meant to be plugged into the motherboard, do I even need to buy a dedicated GPU? 

3 minutes ago, sammy381 said:

So given that it is only meant to be plugged into the motherboard, do I even need to buy a dedicated GPU? 

what do you want to do with this computer ? 

@KenjiUmino I want to do some light video editing and some gaming not at full settings. But I also want to build a computer rather than buy a laptop.

i'd try to find monitors of the same size with a type C connector that functions as a true video connection and use those with a 1060 ... USB GPUs really can't do much