Ryzen cooler

XspazzayX

What are the normal RPMs for Ryzen 5 1600 cooler when idle. Mine are 1500-1650.And is there any offical amd software which lets me manage my CPU?

Manage your CPU? If you mean fan speed and overclocking MSI Afterburner may be what you want. The fan speed depends on your main board and is probably normal

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

"Headward, free now to rise." - Principal Vagina

2 minutes ago, xitywampas said:

Manage your CPU? If you mean fan speed and overclocking MSI Afterburner may be what you want. The fan speed depends on your main board and is probably normal

Do it in BIOS. Unescary software is unnecessary 

My life

30 minutes ago, XspazzayX said:

What are the normal RPMs for Ryzen 5 1600 cooler when idle. Mine are 1500-1650.And is there any offical amd software which lets me manage my CPU?

Your board may have software for controlling the fans.  My ASRock board (AB350 Pro4) comes with A-Tuning software.  I can also adjust the fan speeds in the bios if needed, or control them in more detail with Speedfan v4.52.  I like Speedfan because I can control the speed of each individual fan based on certain temperatures, CPU temp, GPU temp, Board temp, etc., as long as your board supports fan speed control.  I like my case fans to increase to 100% when my GPU reaches 60C+ (I'm gaming with headphones, so can't hear it anyways), for example.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

35 minutes ago, XspazzayX said:

What are the normal RPMs for Ryzen 5 1600 cooler when idle.

As for RPMs, I have a Ryzen 5 1600 as well, and I can max the fan speed on the stock Wraith Spire at around 2550 RPM with Speedfan.  So, 1500-1600 appears to be around 60%.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

15 minutes ago, johndms said:

Your board may have software for controlling the fans.  My ASRock board (AB350 Pro4) comes with A-Tuning software.  I can also adjust the fan speeds in the bios if needed, or control them in more detail with Speedfan v4.52.  I like Speedfan because I can control the speed of each individual fan based on certain temperatures, CPU temp, GPU temp, Board temp, etc., as long as your board supports fan speed control.  I like my case fans to increase to 100% when my GPU reaches 60C+ (I'm gaming with headphones, so can't hear it anyways), for example.

Some boards have the worst fan control. I had to get a fan controller because my GB z170n itx board really sucks at it. It was so hard to get set in the bios and kept everything running way to high. I bit the bullet and got a GRID+. Its not the greatest thing but its way better then my on board fan control.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

8 hours ago, xitywampas said:

AFAIK Afterburner is still only for GPUs. Speedfan and the Amd software I can't remember would be ones.

Apart from Gigabyte, all mobos have at least decent fan controls. Gigabyte has only decent CPU fan settings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

AFAIK Afterburner is still only for GPUs. .

You're right. Cam and a GRID+ is what I use. Precision X for GPU.

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Gigabyte has only decent CPU fan settings.

I beg to differ. Gigabyte is terrible. It mostly does whatever it wants to. At least mine does.

24 minutes ago, xitywampas said:

You're right. Cam and a GRID+ is what I use. Precision X for GPU.

I beg to differ. Gigabyte is terrible. It mostly does whatever it wants to. At least mine does.

I meant that its only header with PWM control that works and which mobos own software can control somewhat reliable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I meant that its only header with PWM control that works and which mobos own software can control somewhat reliable.

I was being comedic but it is pretty bad.