I have a fx-6300 at 4.4ghz and a r9 270x. I was looking for some other opinions on what should I upgrade first? My budget is around $300. Thanks guys :)

Save up more IMO.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Yea save up to your maximum budget, then come back to this form and we can help. 

there isn't anything worth your money to upgrade. the CPU in that line are so outdated and should not be bought for any reason. and the GPU's in that price range are all taken for etherium mining right now and have ridiculous pricing

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

8 minutes ago, django_keyes said:

Yea save up to your maximum budget, then come back to this form and we can help. 

And example of $500/400 for budget and we can list you ryzen board plus the chip itself and ddr4 ram

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Save up more IMO.

12 minutes ago, django_keyes said:

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

And example of $500/400 for budget and we can list you ryzen board plus the chip itself and ddr4 ram

3 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

there isn't anything worth your money to upgrade. the CPU in that line are so outdated and should not be bought for any reason. and the GPU's in that price range are all taken for etherium mining right now and have ridiculous pricing

That being said which would be better to upgrade first?

Just now, TheKinsman said:

GPU i guess.... but it will be held back allot by your CPU which would require a motherboard and RAM update too. so nothing that cheap....

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Just now, TheKinsman said:

How much would you guys recommend I save?

Well, depending on your income, save as much as you can in the next few months. If you are Bill Gates then seconds. A $1000-$1200 budget will be awesome. But you can get away with 500, you just need to expect no or very little upgrades in the future. The larger the budget, the more upgrades you will have. Take for example the AM4 platform. It is brand new, and therefore it won't be outdated as quickly. And if you went for a X299 platform that would last a long time. It all matters about what you want and how miuch you have. 

1 minute ago, TheKinsman said:

Motherboard plus cpu plus ram, as i said before

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Motherboard plus cpu plus ram, as i said before

For $300? That could get CPU, and MB, but no good ram. With 500 you could. Sell you graphics card, but then you would be left without one. Try to save as much as possible, and when the time comes, sell the 270x first, so plan that into your budget. 

26 minutes ago, django_keyes said:

For $300? That could get CPU, and MB, but no good ram. With 500 you could. Sell you graphics card, but then you would be left without one. Try to save as much as possible, and when the time comes, sell the 270x first, so plan that into your budget. 

This dude is awesome!

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 hour ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

This dude is awesome!

Thanks!