Computer Not Displaying Anything

Cameron Lister

I'm building a pc for my friend out of old parts and while it turns on it doesn't display anything to the screen. It doesn't have and integrated graphics so for now I'm testing with my GTX1050 that i know works I've tried a few things like unplugging all but 1 ram stick but no luck. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions

Specs:

CPU: i7 820

Ram: Was 8 now 2

PSU: 550W

All hard drives are unplugged

Hope someone can help:)

Update the BIOS, i don't know if the i7 820 has an iGPU but if it does try to connect the monitor to that and see if that gives a sign of life.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

No it doesn't have an iGPU or at least the motherboard doesn't have any video ports and i can't see anything on screen, can you update the bios without seeing anything on the display? 

Just now, Cameron Lister said:

No it doesn't have an iGPU or at least the motherboard doesn't have any video ports and i can't see anything on screen, can you update the bios without seeing anything on the display? 

Nope, you will need a dedicated GPU for that in your case.

Any GPU will do tho, as long as it's from an older generation.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I found the Quadro card that was in the computer when I was first given the computer and still no luck, Ive tried a few graphics cards and none of them have changed anything.