LG 27UD88-W can't charge HP Spectre 13-v050nw?

jossi

Hi Guys,

I've spent quite some time on it already and I know that some other users were struggling with it on the Internet, but I couldn't find any neat solution for which this forum is famous for!

Long story short - I bought 27UD88-W to have a beautiful monitor for my desktop workstation, but I wanted to be able to occasionally attach my notebook to it. Yes, I know that 4K on HP Spectre 13-v050nw is quite a lot of strain on that integrated graphics card, but for my use it was more than enough - I have desktop workstation for other stuff. So, after connecting HP Spectre 13 to the USB C port using supplied USB C <-> USB C cable I'm able to display video out to the monitor, but the monitor itself is not being charged. Tried all the 3 ports on HP Spectre,

I have updated BIOS and Monitor Firmware, but it seems to make no difference at all. Something curious to me was that when I took my notebook to local Apple Store I was able to use LG UltraFine 4K display (or whatever it's called) both for the display and charging station.

Maybe someone of you already tackled this issue and found out there is no solution and I just have to attach monitor and charging cable to the notebook. Maybe you guys found a better solution?

Let me know, I was really hoping that I will be able to leave the charger at work and keep monitor as my charging unit at home. I ended up ordering a second USB C charger, but the idea that there might be a better solution doesn't let me rest.

Thanks in advance for any solutions or even just more ideas to test out!

Best,

Janusz