My first Buy XBOX or PS4???

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Oy .... RitamBaidya.  This can cause a flame-war in seconds on YouTube (Linus Tech Tips seems to attract better, calmer humans). There's an entire forum on this site about console gaming.  My vote's with fuzzOr.  Chose the console with the games that you like.

I chose the XBox platform as it's the centre of my living room's media centre.  My wife's also a PC user and the XBox layout is in her comfort range.  I really don't see a downside with either the XBox One S or the Playstation 4 Pro.

It's a fun purchase decision to make!  Good luck, eh.

Hey friends! well over the past 2 years i have only played games on my pc..not hardcore yet..still wanna step up..i am thinking of a gaming console...i havent experienced either of them..always there is a stiff choice preference over xbox and play station...plzz suggest me for gaming! in 2017

Take a look at what games you like, and figure out what system they're on.

Just now, fuzz0r said:

I SEE...WELL it will always FPS for me like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Battlefield or COD..and occasionally racing such as FORZA or NFS...I like Witcher and Assassin's Creed series!

Xbox one x is the better console, but I don't think it will be available to India right away. How about waiting?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

oh yes i have heard about the xbox one x...the advanced version should be killer one...still if i had to choose among the exisiting then?

You should probably get a hold of both controllers before you decide. Can be a dea lbreaker for some people.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

You should probably get a hold of both controllers before you decide. Can be a dea lbreaker for some people.

sounds a wise advice..i will think of that!

Buy a PC & a PS4. The way Microsoft is moving all their games will be cross platform Xbox and PC. So the choice there is naturally PC as it will be a far better experience. The PS4 has fantastic 1st party exclusives though that are PS4 only. Seriously I'd buy a PS4 (and have done) for the exclusives alone.

Why not just upgrade your cpu and gpu since all those games you mention will be much better on an i5 + GTX 1060 than the XBox One X or PS4 Pro? Plus you can sell your i3 and GTX 750 Ti.

If you alrdy play on PC get a Switch.

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

6 hours ago, RitamBaidya said:

I SEE...WELL it will always FPS for me like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Battlefield or COD..and occasionally racing such as FORZA or NFS...I like Witcher and Assassin's Creed series!

All those games are on PC.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Why not just upgrade your cpu and gpu since all those games you mention will be much better on an i5 + GTX 1060 than the XBox One X or PS4 Pro? Plus you can sell your i3 and GTX 750 Ti.

sounds like a nice advice! thanks mate!

30 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

All those games are on PC.

i said for PC only bro!

38 minutes ago, Exprima said:

whats that! didnt get u!

Oy .... RitamBaidya.  This can cause a flame-war in seconds on YouTube (Linus Tech Tips seems to attract better, calmer humans). There's an entire forum on this site about console gaming.  My vote's with fuzzOr.  Chose the console with the games that you like.

I chose the XBox platform as it's the centre of my living room's media centre.  My wife's also a PC user and the XBox layout is in her comfort range.  I really don't see a downside with either the XBox One S or the Playstation 4 Pro.

It's a fun purchase decision to make!  Good luck, eh.

9 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

Yup!

On 16/06/2017 at 10:04 AM, RitamBaidya said:

Well on the games youve choosen it has to be xboxas forza will never be on the ps platform

On 6/16/2017 at 11:06 AM, Exprima said:

Yes this is the correct notion.