Painted a card and some small parts

lefudgelover666

IMG_20170524_074754831_HDR.thumb.jpg.e1260ecc1b11120b64e7140d78e9a702.jpgLately I've grown tired of my 295x2 not fitting any themes because of the red lighting and silver shroud so i decided to go ahead and paint it along with the heatspreader clips on my PNY anarchy DDR4 and color plates on the H100i v2

I run a body shop so everything was readily available.

1. Took a few even passes over everything to smooth it down with 1000 grit sandpaper, the color plates were a little tricky, the gray coating that Corsair put on them is really thin so I had to paint the backside black with a brush so the light wouldn't leak through anything but the logo

2. A pack of gray Scotch Brite pads and a bottle of Scuff Stuff and went over everything to get rid of any grime or built up dust in edges that could prevent proper adhesion

3. Soaked a paper towel with Prep-All grease and wax remover to clean everything up

4. I used generic Rust-Oleum paint and primer on the shroud and back of water block, for the fan, plates, clips and logo I used Rust-Oleum metallic gold, I wanted to keep the fan as balance as possible so I hooked it up to a 9v and sprayed it directly above the center while spinning, I ended up with great coverage and a very nice quiet spin

The sticker was hard to take off and ended up tear a lot of the adhesive/paper backing off but luckily I noticed that the sapphire sticker is actually on top of the reference AMD sticker and was able to peel the two apart well

IMG_20170523_222526188.jpg

IMG_20170524_011708881.jpg

IMG_20170524_072223470.jpg

It's great! Having it spinning while spraying coated Everything evenly in a single coat and these no audible increase in sound