Good replacement fan for Hyper 212 Evo?

Go to solution Solved by ShadyOrb09,
1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

This one should keep it extra cool, it is not that quiet though.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/delta-electronics/THB1212B-AXHF/603-2051-ND/6580741

I personally would go with a noctua.

https://us.hardware.info/category/23/case-fans/products

I'm getting this paste: http://www.ncix.com/detail/arctic-cooling-mx-2-thermal-compound-29-26895.htm?promoid=1716

and also this fan: http://www.ncix.com/detail/be-quiet-pure-wings-2-93-125260.htm?promoid=1054

Total cost at checkout is $29.87

Perfectly affordable, and the reviews for the fan were good.

There done, thank jebus

Hello, I'm looking for a good fan to replace my old Hyper 212 stock fan, sadly it broke on Saturday.

I just spent a ton of money on this PC, and the Evo was a bit old so the fan died basically just as I turned on the new PC for the first time.

Yes, that's my luck in a nutshell.

Anyways, I need a affordable but good fan for the Evo, I've been looking around but to tell you the truth, I can't really tell the difference.

I know I need a 120mm fan that's static pressure, but beyond that I'm not entirely sure.

I'm really wanting one of those Industrial Noctua fans, they look amazing, but as I've already said I just spent a shit ton of money on the new PC and I'm currently broke.

Any ideas?

Edit: I'd also prefer it to be reasonably quiet, just as quiet as the stock fan if not more.

Also, I'll be posting some fans I've been looking at to ask if they're any good.

get a beQuiet silent wings 3? no aftermarket fan thats not shit is especially cheap but i dont think the beQuiet fans are THAT bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just pick up any 120mm PWM fan and you should be fine.  The fan that came with your Hyper 212 was a very cheap fan, and it got the job done (until it died).

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

get a beQuiet silent wings 3? no aftermarket fan thats not shit is especially cheap but i dont think the beQuiet fans are THAT bad

That's more expensive than a Noctua fan xD

Any other suggestions?

Corsair sp 120 fans are ok, if you buy the more expensive ones with rubber mounts.

Just now, ShadyOrb09 said:

That's more expensive than a Noctua fan xD

Any other suggestions?

AF 120 from Corsair? im not much of a fan person tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

Just pick up any 120mm PWM fan and you should be fine.  The fan that came with your Hyper 212 was a very cheap fan, and it got the job done (until it died).

Hmm, do you think this would be good?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-air-series-af120-led-5f-90799.htm

It's going to look a bit strange because I have purple LEDs in my system, but it's temporary until I'm able to buy a better one.

should work for you

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

should work for you

Just realized it isn't a 4 pin fan, dammit.

Well, that doesn't work :(

Just realized it isn't a 4 pin fan, dammit.

Well, that doesn't work :(

well it does, its going to work but it wont be PWM controlled. the fan speed can still adapt and stuff

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well it does, its going to work but it wont be PWM controlled. the fan speed can still adapt and stuff

Hmm, I'll take a look around, I'd prefer to have a PWM fan tbh

2 minutes ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

Hmm, do you think this would be good?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-air-series-af120-led-5f-90799.htm

It's going to look a bit strange because I have purple LEDs in my system, but it's temporary until I'm able to buy a better one.

It will get the job done, but for a temporary fan I wouldn't pay that much.  Ask around if you have friends who build computers, most will have a spare fan or two lying around.  Or you could use one of your case fans for now.  You really only NEED one case fan.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I have 2 Corsair ML120 fans in a push pull config and with a clock speed of 4.6ghz on my i7 4790k i am usualy around 80 celcius during a prime 95 stress test.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

1 minute ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

Hmm, I'll take a look around, I'd prefer to have a PWM fan tbh

understandable, the fans i use for my CPU cooler are not PWM and they work great, but its a nice feature

Builds:

Spoiler

The Corsair SP120 (static pressure) would be better suited for a heatsink/radiator application than the AF120 variant, which is for airflow. IME, the 2-pack is a good value with the added perk of interchangeable colored rings (red, blue, and white IIRC) to maximize your dank AF aesthetics. 

Just now, A Silver said:

I have 2 Corsair ML120 fans in a push pull config and with a clock speed of 4.6ghz on my i7 4790k i am usualy around 80 celcius during a prime 95 stress test.

Damn, they sound good. Kind of on the expensive side though. I could get a Noctua for close to that price.

Damn, they sound good. Kind of on the expensive side though. I could get a Noctua for close to that price.

True, if you can't find anything else then those are a good choise

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Just now, A Silver said:

True, if you can't find anything else then those are a good choise

Yeah, they do look good. So far those and SP-120s are tied for me. Wish they were a tad cheaper. I might just have to settle with a non-PWM fan. I'm broke lmfao

Yeah, they do look good. So far those and SP-120s are tied for me. Wish they were a tad cheaper. I might just have to settle with a non-PWM fan. I'm broke lmfao

DONT buy af, buy sp if you need static pressure.

Just now, Almostbauws said:

DONT buy af, buy sp if you need static pressure.

Okay, yeah I won't.

Okay, yeah I won't.

AF is for airflow, corsair SP stands for static pressure.

I also need to buy new thermal paste too as I ran out, so I'm just going to order that along with the fan.

Then I seen this, might as well just buy a new heatsink because it comes with a fan, and it's only $34, but of these fans are like $38-$39 and aren't PWM lol

http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-master-hyper-212-led-cd-134983.htm?promoid=1017