Rx 480 GTR Black performance

I'm confused my XFX GTR black edition from newegg doesn't perform as well as others. The OC is higher but runs hotter than the other GTR's even the RS which is shit. It hits 77 degrees celcius max on temp spikes. It also  has a bios switch do these cards have dual bios for bios flashing or is it performance and silent. The drivers have also crashed and then I have to wait for all power to be cut on shutdown so the card gets detected it wont display until I reboot. I've narrowed this down to shitty amd drivers since the drivers installed wont auto get the installer either for the new ones and others are having this issue in their forums. Some people say its a bad card and I should send it in and some say that its just a custom design different from the other and has a higher overclock which causes the temps. Which is it. Also the card idles about 40's to 59 C. However depends what I'm doing. The fans don't turn on until 60C any advice would be helpful. The card never hits 80C.

First thing to do is try dialing back the OC, then stress testing and seeing if it happens again. What you can also do is using DDu to compeltely remove your drivers and reinstall them corretly once. If both of those don't help i would definitely try to send it back and have it checked if possible.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

its the factory oc but higher than all other 480's I checked

my powercolor red devil rx480 is clocked at 1330 and runs around the same temps.  I have undervolted it some and it usually stays around 75C in overwatch, and in the high 60s in every other game.  Mine idles in the low 50's but thats fine since its passive at that temp.  As for performance you didnt list any numbers for benchmarks so I dont know what to say about that.  It could be a poorly tweaked bios, bad settings in the amd drivers, or as suggested that you need to remove them with ddu and start over.  c

15 minutes ago, intender said:

my powercolor red devil rx480 is clocked at 1330 and runs around the same temps.  I have undervolted it some and it usually stays around 75C in overwatch, and in the high 60s in every other game.  Mine idles in the low 50's but thats fine since its passive at that temp.  As for performance you didnt list any numbers for benchmarks so I dont know what to say about that.  It could be a poorly tweaked bios, bad settings in the amd drivers, or as suggested that you need to remove them with ddu and start over.  c

The GTR's overclock is higher its all on factory settings right now just clear everyone's overclocked theories up when it comes to temps.

iI don't have firestrike but on cinebench R15 ive hit 122.5 fps with other shit open.

Change your fan curve

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Does changing fan curve void warranty.

No, changing the fan curve does not void the warranty. On XFX cards, the only things that I can think of that void it are removing the cooler and flashing the BIOS (or straight taking a hammer to it).

I have an XFX GTR, not entirely sure what one (definitely not the top tier one). And it can get toasty depending on the games. It's worth keeping in mind that even if the GPU runs at 100% all the time in two different games, it can hit different temps because of the way the game is coded. I know of one (garbage) game that tortures GPUs nu-necesarily. My card would run at 100% all the time just to hold 55 FPS (game still looked bad as well), and the card was pulling over 150W measured.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit