Can I use my Cryorig M9i on AMD Ryzen?

Okjoek

Supposedly this cooler is only for intel hence the "i" in the M9i, but I'm curious if it would fit on AM4 Ryzen anyways. I don't feel like taking mine out of my system, but on google images the backplate has an awful lot of space for holes for different platforms... You don't think one of them by some chance might work on AM4 do you? I could modify it to work regardless, but I just wanted to know what you think. I got this cooler cheap for 25 dollars because I wanted a non-stock cooler for better non-overclocker temps that was cheap, made my PC look more "enthusiast" and I have a fetish for having a cooler that's NOT blowing down onto the motherboard.

4-5-600x399.jpg

14-5.jpg

So anyways yeah, it would be convenient if I didn't have to modify it to fit.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yes, you can just ask the manufacturer for a bracket. 

I believe that the free AM4 kit isn't available for M9i (because of there being an M9a) I'll see if I can look that up though.

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that sucks, you can try DIY( not recommended) 

Maybe you're right. I could just hand-me-down this cooler to one of my two younger brothers as a gift who use only stock coolers on their intel CPUs and I could get the M9a. I've blown 25 dollars on worse before. The reason I like this cooler is that it's roughly as tall as my GPUs.

You think there are any other entry level tower coolers I should consider?

Edit: holy cow, just looked on Amazon and M9a is going for 19.99 USD. That's cheaper than I got it at.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:42 PM, Okjoek said:

Maybe you're right. I could just hand-me-down this cooler to one of my two younger brothers as a gift who use only stock coolers on their intel CPUs and I could get the M9a. I've blown 25 dollars on worse before. The reason I like this cooler is that it's roughly as tall as my GPUs.

You think there are any other entry level tower coolers I should consider?

Edit: holy cow, just looked on Amazon and M9a is going for 19.99 USD. That's cheaper than I got it at.

The PR Slim is a similar but quieter alternative: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.