How do I connect "multichannel RCA" surround sound to a HDMI 2.0b TV?

Con

I am planning to connect this HS505 Active 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System to what ever devices connect to my KS8000 4K HDR TV; the only problem is this surround system is multichannel RCA and most of the surround audio signals going into the TV will be from HDMI varieties or DTS Optical, I would like to be able to have every single device that connects to my TV use the TV speakers and the surround sound system while enabling the volume to be controlled from the TV (I think that's what HDMI ARC is for).

What device should I add to the mix to enable the TV to control the volume across all the surround speakers?

I will be connecting a GTX 980 Ti via HDMI (which is capable of HDR), eventually a PS4 Pro and also DTS Optical from a few pre-HDMI era devices with surround sound (I think the PS2 comes under this category), I will also have a SCART to 1080p60Hz HDMI up-scaler which should carry stereo audio; I want all of these devices to connect to the TV without any reduction in quality and for them all to use the surround sound speakers. It is imperative that the GTX 980 Ti uses the surround sound and remains 2160p60Hz HDR.

Any advice is much appreciated, even if it's to spend more money on some audio setup.

My initial budget is around £200.

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

you need something like:

http://...

I'd connect it via the TOS-Link since it's most likely the HDMI passthrough won't support HDMI 2.0b

ps: GTX980Ti is not 10bit HDR capable, as far as I recall

Thanks, I wonder if there's an affordable HDMI 2.0b version to pass through.

I will need to extract a TOS-Link signal from HDMI 2.0b though, unless there's any way to get sound output from the TV itself. I really want the TV to control the surround volume and configuration.

And yeah, now I can see that the 980 Ti supports up to HDMI 2.0a; but that's fine for now. I think it can do 2160p60Hz without HDR,  2160p30Hz with HDR and 1080p60Hz with HDR and I don't know of a way to get the full 10 bit HDR from DP1.2.

I'll still get the cable for it because now there's a reason to upgrade the GPU.

Edit: It just occoured to me that I don't need to worry about HDMI 2.0b pass-through anyway because most surround sound HDMI devices seem to have a TOS-Link port and I'm only going for 5.1 anyway... but if I just connect together all the TOS-Link leads into a multichannel RCA adapter, I don't think I can control the volume from the TV. But it might make for a lot of savings.

1 hour ago, Con said:

And yeah, now I can see that the 980 Ti supports up to HDMI 2.0a; but that's fine for now. I think it can do 2160p60Hz without HDR,  2160p30Hz with HDR and 1080p60Hz with HDR and I don't know of a way to get the full 10 bit HDR from DP1.2.

that's not how it works

GTX980Ti is hardware not capable of handling 10bit HEVC

21 hours ago, zMeul said:

that's not how it works

GTX980Ti is hardware not capable of handling 10bit HEVC

Ah, I suppose that a 1080 Ti is something worth saving up for now.

I was planning on watching 4K 60fps HDR DTS Blu-rays and videos on this TV; if I had a 10bit HDR movie downloaded to my computer (or if I bought that Pioneer 5.25" Blu-ray UHD 4K SATA optical drive), should I be able to access the file/disk on the computer from my TV  and play it, or have the TV read it off of a USB drive and utilise it's HDR abilities? Seeing as using the HDMI cable on my computer won't support 10bit HDR.

5 hours ago, Con said:

Ah, I suppose that a 1080 Ti is something worth saving up for now.

I was planning on watching 4K 60fps HDR DTS Blu-rays and videos on this TV; if I had a 10bit HDR movie downloaded to my computer (or if I bought that Pioneer 5.25" Blu-ray UHD 4K SATA optical drive), should I be able to access the file/disk on the computer from my TV  and play it, or have the TV read it off of a USB drive and utilise it's HDR abilities? Seeing as using the HDMI cable on my computer won't support 10bit HDR.

you need capable hardware and to have DRM capability to decode that Bluray

you need a GTX10xx series card or a Radeon RX card or a KabyLake CPU

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

you need capable hardware and to have DRM capability to decode that Bluray

you need a GTX10xx series card or a Radeon RX card or a KabyLake CPU

But what if I downloaded the HDR movie and had the TV access it over the network or via one of it's own USB ports? Rather than using a UHB Blu-ray player.

I'm not talking about using the TV as a computer monitor, I mean if I have the TV access the file itself.

4 minutes ago, Con said:

But what if I downloaded the HDR movie and had the TV access it over the network or via one of it's own USB ports? Rather than using a UHB Blu-ray player.

I'm not talking about using the TV as a computer monitor, I mean if I have the TV access the file itself.

Then you only require the TV to be capable of playing the file