Help with some spam texts?

So, I was on my phone today, just wasting time. I went to put it away, and pressed the lock button the lock the screen - except apparently I didn't. I must not have clicked it properly (it's slightly broken on my phone) and a few minutes later I get a text. Turns out, my phone (because it's screen was on) was clicking all sorts of stuff in my pocket, and I found that it had clicked an ad for a company called SnackGames. The text said the following: "Thank you for subscribing to SnackGames' premium text service for £2.70/wk! Send STOP to 89365 to opt out."

Obviously, I immediately sent the text to cancel this bullshit subscription which my phone had accidentally signed on to. I got a confirmation text "You have unsubscribed from SnackGames' weekly service" and that should have been the end of it, right? Wrong. 20 minutes later I got another text, "Enjoy UNLIMITED Games @ Snackgames!", etc. etc. Fuck.

So, what do I do? I don't want to keep receiving texts from these people, nor do I want to be paying weekly for them. I texted them STOP, but I got another message from them less than a half hour later. Is there anything I can do to get them to leave me alone permanently, and ensure they're not taking my money?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

So, I was on my phone today, just wasting time. I went to put it away, and pressed the lock button the lock the screen - except apparently I didn't. I must not have clicked it properly (it's slightly broken on my phone) and a few minutes later I get a text. Turns out, my phone (because it's screen was on) was clicking all sorts of stuff in my pocket, and I found that it had clicked an ad for a company called SnackGames. The text said the following: "Thank you for subscribing to SnackGames' premium text service for £270/wk! Send STOP to 89365 to opt out."

Obviously, I immediately sent the text to cancel this bullshit subscription which my phone had accidentally signed on to. I got a confirmation text "You have unsubscribed from SnackGames' weekly service" and that should have been the end of it, right? Wrong. 20 minutes later I got another text, "Enjoy UNLIMITED Games @ Snackgames!", etc. etc. Fuck.

So, what do I do? I don't want to keep receiving texts from these people, nor do I want to be paying weekly for them. I texted them STOP, but I got another message from them less than a half hour later. Is there anything I can do to get them to leave me alone permanently, and ensure they're not taking my money?

can you find a website for them if yes consult customer service and demand for them to cancel everything and keep insisting on it until it gets done

Find contact info about Snackgames, call em directly and resolve the issue.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

block them 

that might just stop them for seeing the notifications on their account because they could be secretly charge the OP

Call your phone service provider and tell them what's happening, they'll cancel the services for you and you can even block any future 'preium' services like this from happening.

1 minute ago, Artechz said:

Call your phone service provider and tell them what's happening, they'll cancel the services for you and you can even block any future 'preium' services like this from happening.

This.  Just call your provider and they can cancel / block this.  Also see about putting a "child lock" on your account to block premium numbers and texts.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Find contact info about Snackgames, call em directly and resolve the issue.

I have an email and phone number for them, but I have a feeling they won't let me go easily...

Also, I thought you left the forum?

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

block them 

Done, I hope they don't keep charging me though.

1 minute ago, Artechz said:

Sounds good. Sadly, I'm with a carrier with shitty customer service, so getting in contact with them will be hell, but I might just have to...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I have an email and phone number for them, but I have a feeling they won't let me go easily...

Also, I thought you left the forum?

Sounds good. Sadly, I'm with a carrier with shitty customer service, so getting in contact with them will be hell, but I might just have to...

read

status update

16 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

18 minutes ago, Artechz said:

call your cell provider