How safe are used water AIO liquid coolers?

So I have been using a second hand Corsair H80i I bought off Gumtree for about 2 - 3 months now, and it has been working perfectly with no issues.

However, I recently saw a good deal for a H100i and nabbed it for £35 - the same price I paid for my H80i. I got it as I thought I could sell my H80i for a decent price fairly easily.

So, my question is how safe are used AIO liquid coolers, how likely are they to fail or leak in some way?

This H80i, as I said, has seen no problems, however one example of a second hand AIO is not enough data to come to a decent conclusion, so I would like to hear some of your opinions on this matter.

2 minutes ago, NinjaSandvich said:

So I have been using a second hand Corsair H80i I bought off Gumtree for about 2 - 3 months now, and it has been working perfectly with no issues.

However, I recently saw a good deal for a H100i and nabbed it for £35 - the same price I paid for my H80i. I got it as I thought I could sell my H80i for a decent price fairly easily.

So, my question is how safe are used AIO liquid coolers, how likely are they to fail or leak in some way?

This H80i, as I said, has seen no problems, however one example of a second hand AIO is not enough data to come to a decent conclusion, so I would like to hear some of your opinions on this matter.

If they weren't physically damaged or such the thing that usually goes on them is the pump. Leaks are fairly uncommon some them as they get sealed and filled at the factory. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If they weren't physically damaged or such the thing that usually goes on them is the pump. Leaks are fairly uncommon some them as they get sealed and filled at the factory. 

So from a company like Corsair, they should be fairly well made.

Good to hear, as I don't feel like spending £100+ on a new H100i :D

it most likely not going brake even if its second hand, if it brakes and brakes other things you can call them and talk to a supervisor and they will pay for everything that is damaged if your still over factory warranty. 

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

1 minute ago, will2135 said:

it most likely not going brake even if its second hand, if it brakes and brakes other things you can call them and talk to a supervisor and they will pay for everything that is damaged if your still over factory warranty. 

Yeah, good to hear. This is what I thought, however I also found a lot of posts, similar to this one, with the opposite answer. But that's the internet for you :D