Anyone running ASUS Strix Z270E with ASUS Strix GTX1070 in SLI?

I was wondering if anyone has 2 ASUS Strix GTX1070's in SLI on a ASUS Strix Z270E.

I currently have 1 on the board and it looks like another card won't fit for an SLI setup and I don't want to spend the money just to return the product. 

Take a look its really close and the cards will be like right on top of each other.

This might be a stupid question cause the board is mad for SLI but I have never done SLI before.

20170426_093748.jpg

3 minutes ago, thasham said:

I was wondering if anyone has 2 ASUS Strix GTX1070's in SLI on a ASUS Strix Z270E.

I currently have 1 on the board and it looks like another card won't fit for an SLI setup and I don't want to spend the money just to return the product. 

Take a look its really close and the cards will be like right on top of each other.

This might be a stupid question cause the board is mad for SLI but I have never done SLI before.

20170426_093748.jpg

This is a HOT topic and you might be able to do it but as I said it was a HOT topic

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

use a pcie ribbon cable and a gpu support bracket to put the second one in the bottom spot on your case (and use a longer sli bridge)

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old topic, BUT because the thread starter said this was an "ASUS Strix Z270E" (which is the motherboard I'm going to be buying in a few weeks time along with a 2nd GTX 1080 Strix. This made me do some more research, which I came across the thread starter infact DOESN'T have a ASUS Strix Z270E he has a Asus STRIX Z270G which is a smaller board. using a Strix GPU will cover 2.5 slots going over the 2nd PCI-E lane on this board, the only way to SLI would be to use two MSI Gaming X or two blower style cards on this board. without the use of the PCI-E ribbon cable. 

so for clarification the Z2170E CAN SLI 2 Strix GPU's while the Z270G cannot :D